Biden Forced To Remind Everyone He Doesn't Control The Weather

Oh Dear Lord, they’re sitting on folding chairs? Waiting for Dear Leader to appear?
(His shindigs don’t start on time, do they?)

1 Like

This is the city in which I was born and lived in for some 22 years. It has always been red. Friend on FB was hoping to get a thing going where people bought tickets and didn’t show. There is a resistance there, I just don’t know how strong it is.

8 Likes

Who has the better thunderbolt throwing arm, Biden or Harris?

4 Likes

Throwing lightning bolts is so old school…

7 Likes

The actors wait till the last minute to show up and fill the empty seats. Why stay longer than the mandatory 15 minutes?

6 Likes

No, say it isn’t so! Not Giant Stadium!

2 Likes

He’s expecting tens-of-thousands at his “Coachella” festival/rally. But the Mayor threw away the welcome mat saying something like; “You ain’t wanted round these parts.”

5 Likes

George RR Martin once gave an excellent speech to, I think, a group of press women, that centered around the many internet variations on that old saw and who said it. The topic involved finding and printing the truth.

3 Likes

I believe that quote, while often attributed to Twain, or even Winston Churchill, is actually from @mattinpa . :sob:

22 Likes

Having read the piece now, I repeat: why are we still being tortured by the off-topic leering smirk of the Lying Liar, instead of President Biden’s honest and earnest visage?

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like Trump would pay for overtime.

11 Likes

Trump: “Biden keeps shooting red states with his hurricane gun.”
National Media: “Hurricane response hampered by misinformation.”

That’s the way we roll in the USA these days.

14 Likes

Per DeSatan: “state of Florida none of that stuff would ever fly.”

Unfortunately, pretty much everything in Florida that isn’t nailed down is about to go flying.

11 Likes

The abuse is the point.

17 Likes

I hate polls. I wish they had never been invented. A few days ago Harris would ahead in the battleground states, now, thanks to Quinnipiac, Trump is up. How can that be? The man is a lunatic! Hurricanes, Trump, MTG, it is all getting to be too damn much for this old lady.

8 Likes

I expect a christmas ornament out of this.

3 Likes

It means that there is no robust model that shows the intentions of the electorate and there is further confusion created by right-wing pollsters dumping jiggered poll information that that advantages Trump. If polls were ever informative (I doubt they ever were) that ship has sailed. There is not one source of information that the rightwing cannot distort and degrade.

14 Likes

Agreed.

I’ve been reflecting this week that the Trump-era move into total fantasy didn’t come out of the blue. It’s a logical extension of how the GOP and Republican voters have been operating for a very long time. Predators have been diligently duping Republican voters since at least the '80s with absolute nonsense, e.g. anti-vax (c. 2005), trickle-down economics (1980), megachurch hucksters. “Creation science.”

I think Hbomb says it pretty well:

To get you to believe what they [fossil barons] believe, they have to lie, because the truth simply isn’t enough to support these beliefs. The bulk of PragerU consists of strategies to get around the fact they don’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to the truth, and this is where the war on Christmas and similar conspiracy theories comes in…
The War on Christmas: A Measured Response

And, later:

This is how persecuted the far right need to convince themselves they are to escape from the much simpler conclusion that some of the things they believe aren’t true.

9 Likes

Only morons would listen to a moron.

14 Likes

Junior the Jinx.

Is the Sheriff a Hobbit?

18 Likes