Biden Beats Ratings-Obsessed Trump In Viewers During Competing Network Town Halls | Talking Points Memo

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s town hall on Thursday garnered more viewers than President Trump’s alternate primetime event on NBC, according to Nielsen.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1339003
1 Like

But did Biden beat him in boat parades…hmmm?

40 Likes

Boats above water, or those that sunk? :wink:

40 Likes

Submariners4Trump

22 Likes

hahaa_download

17 Likes

That’s gonna sting. lol.

9 Likes

More proof that if the 2020 election is honest then the 2020 election is over.

The reason Biden’s ratings were better than Trump’s is that in this serious time, people are picking a president instead of an entertainer.

That is people viewed Biden’s town-hall because they were making a decision on how comfortable they feel with Joe Biden in their living room for the next 4 years as president.

38 Likes

Unskew the ratings!

17 Likes

Wish Nielsen could differentiate between people tuning in because they support trump and people tuning in to either throw things at their TVs or pray for an on-camera Ron Paul.

20 Likes

Naw. There were about three of those people. The other 13.89 million were pundits looking for material for their op-eds today.

13 Likes

Also differentiate between those with sound on vs. muted.

12 Likes

Bwahahahahaha!!!

That is all.

16 Likes

The old gawking at the car wreck trick when what you really want to see is the blood.

9 Likes

I’m glad that they can’t.

I tend to share a lot, but most of my fantasies are still private.

14 Likes

If I had read that Trump was coughing uncontrollably and clutching at his chest, I would have turned that teevee on so fast that heads would spin.

@leftcoaster

28 Likes

The wife and I switched back and forth.

When it came to Fat Nixon, we obviously had it muted, but we came up with our own hilarious dialogue for Donnie. It was also great to see his skin tone(?) shift from bright orange to bright red as the evening dragged on.

Fun was had by all.

Note to the Debate Commission - Mute Buttons Rock!

27 Likes

Okay, maybe not the full fantasies, but at least to differentiate between ratings because someone supports him and ratings due to something other than support.

Ratings is used way too often as a proxy for support and interest, they should be smart enough to figure out how to break that apart these days.

2 Likes

Go Biden. Fuck Trump.

22 Likes

America is ready to change the channel on the dotard.

19 Likes

So Joe beat Trump by about 10%? That checks out.

14 Likes