Biden Announces Seven Women Will Head Up His WH Communications Team | Talking Points Memo

I actually believe that the women saved us this time around. And no surprise.

I agree, and I was serious with my comment.

Alternative headline:
“Biden recognises that men are huge drama queens who cannot control their impulses or emotions”.

4 Likes

OK, since you insist, and because I enjoyed seeing Annie perform these at the Orpheum in San Francisco:

2 Likes

OMG, this is terrible. I just pray we are not attacked by the Ruskies on the Nordstrom Once a Year sale. “Tell the defense Dept., the Russians will just have to wait till tonight, I got an appointment with this nail technician ‘Gerri’ and she is impossible to get an appointment with!!! She’s THE expert in acrylics.”

Wish Aretha was here to see it.

1 Like

It’s not an easy job. It’s 24/7. Think you’re going to relax with a film on Sun night when you get a call. WH needs you – now. Some flap. Need to intercept the Mon AM news cycle. Throw some clothes on, get over there. You’re half asleep. Try to focus. “Maybe I should have been a gym teacher”.

2 Likes

Technically at least AFAIK the OANN idiot was unaccredited by the White House Correspondents’ Association, and was only there, with no chair to sit in, as a guest of Kayleigh’s. The new administration will almost certainly have a more rational policy about who’s a legitimate news source and who isn’t, of course.

3 Likes

“Communicating directly and truthfully to the American people is one of the most important duties of a President, and this team will be entrusted with the tremendous responsibility of connecting the American people to the White House,” Biden said in a statement.

How long it seems, since last that duty was honored.

There is a balm in Gilead…

1 Like

… maybe something with more predictable hours, like a firefighter…

… or something less stressful, like an air traffic controller.

1 Like

To each their own.

Me, these “soft pretzel” things make me miss a good “Brez’n” from the bakery on any street corner in Munich so much, I could almost weep.

1 Like

Larry Summers or the other fellow the nemesis?

and Biden fell down and got hurt tonight and is seeing the orthopedic surgeon or orthopeadist Monday. When 78 year olds fall, that’s always bad. And he is clearly suffering from mental impairment. We may have president Harris,a and vice pre Pelosi.

Jen Psaki is a terrific choice, a consummate pro.

1 Like

R’amen to that!

1 Like

Imagine no longer having to activate a bullshit filter to survive a presser.

Or a word-salad decoder when POTUS-46 speaks.

Wow! The mind boggles…

2 Likes

I think Joe’s days of taking the 'Vette out for a spin (except up and down the driveway) are over for, well, at least four years…

1 Like

3 Likes

In a tweet, Cornyn spokesman Drew Brandewie said that Center for American Progress head Neera Tanden’s past history of “disparaging comments about the Republican Senators’ whose votes she’ll need”

Yeah, complain that they won’t vote for her because she’s a big meanie. That should go well.

4 Likes