Biden Announces Seven Women Will Head Up His WH Communications Team | Talking Points Memo

President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on Sunday announced the first ever all-women senior White House communications team.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1346684

I look forward to honest discourse by these professionals.

35 Likes

A really well-qualified group—and not a confirmed liar in the bunch!

37 Likes

To date they have done a hella good job … hit more right notes more often than Glenn Gould on his 30th take.

Special shout-out to

Kate Bedingfield, who served as a prominent spokesperson for the Biden presidential campaign in her time as its communications director, is set to hold the same title in the President-elect’s White House.

who day in & day out knocked it outta the park.

34 Likes

Yes, but will they pinky-promise to never lie to us? I keed, I keed.

Hell yeah, Sisters are doing it for themselves!

16 Likes

I can’t wait for some GOP asswipe to get pissy with Jen Psaki or Karine Jean-Pierre.

The GOP would need a mop and a bucket to clean up the mess.

32 Likes

ETA: speaking for the generation that cannot see the phrase “seven women” without instantly hearing it sung by Glenn Frey:

Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me, one says she’s a friend of mine.

29 Likes

I hear they know a guy who can help with this.

7 Likes

Plus any of them can walk into any DC area restaurant and not have it blow up into some culture war.

15 Likes

Thank God in her ultimate wisdom. The voices of reason, absent fake crosses around their necks, hot pink tiny dresses, slightly drunken slurs, and smoky-eyed twanging lies. You know who you are ladies. Exit, stage left. Bye.

24 Likes

It’s not even January and I’m already loving this. What a night and day difference.

23 Likes

My daughter and I cheered when my husband saw the news. He also thought it was pretty darned great.

We’ve got your backs, ladies. Go out and kill it.

22 Likes

O this is so cool! hahahaha

21 Likes

Press Secretary HAS to promise she’ll never lie, McEnany’s head would explode.

2 Likes

Especially when we remember the sad and pathetic people who have held these positions in the last four years.

my effing god. They couldn’t even lie competently.

17 Likes

Door Number One:

Snarky sexist remarks

Door Number Two

Falling-on-the-floor joy at having this much competence and excellence at our disposal

20 Likes

The latent sexism in much of the media will be on full display for the first few months until those assholes either recognize their own issues and self-correct or get called out and double-down until they are hopefully removed. I suspect this group will have a much bigger impact on the discourse in this country than is at first evident, as they help clean out the old school boy’s club that still exists in the country’s elite media.

14 Likes

Door Number Three: When people stop referring to this as a thing - that it’s unusual to have an all-female anything!

24 Likes

Cannot think of a better person then Jen Psaki to be White House Press Secretary.

6 Likes

OT, but a good example of communication.

49 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available