Biden And Trump Face Off In First General Election Debate

Originally published at: Biden And Trump Face Off In First General Election Debate

President Joe Biden and Donald Trump meet Thursday night in Atlanta for the first debate of the general election cycle — one many assumed wouldn’t happen, until Biden threw down the gauntlet last month. The debate features rule changes the Biden team pushed for, including no live audience and microphones that mute when it’s the…

ETA: Stay Blissful, my friends…

48 Likes

“That is what President Trump is walking into and it disgusts me. It infuriates me,” Greene said of the debate. “I can’t believe our country has come to this. Our politics are horrific.”

Okay Marge, so either your Fearless Leader is a complete idiot for agreeing to the debate, or it’s not as horrible as you’re claiming. Which is it?

23 Likes

** Attention Everyone **

Per @jackiewilhelm

At 5 pm EST we are going to take the forums down for about 20 minutes to make a performance improvement which should help with some of the major performance complaints we’re seeing.

27 Likes

As some of you may recall from 2020, I amuse myself during these things by sardonically live-blogging them down here in the comments. I’m planning to do that for tonight’s insanity. I’ll try to keep up with the debate in real time with new posts every 10-15 minutes or so. I plan to string them all together in a single thread, for ease of following along for anyone who wants to.

And yes, there will be discussion of just how many of his gills trump is coked up to. Bonus points for Joe if he comments that trump looks like he’s been in Hunter’s old stash.

52 Likes

“The congresswoman responded that she had just gotten off the phone with Trump and proceeded to declare her ‘love’ for him multiple times. ‘I love him. I have so much faith in him. I have complete faith that he is going to hit a home run…’ Greene said of Trump.”

“Donald Trump is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.”

37 Likes

Finally made it in.

I know big upgrades are a hassle for a small organization, but TPM really needs to sort out their new commenting system so all the non-editor blog threads have a functional comments section that work from the outset.

6 Likes

“He is walking into an arena filled with people that want to murder him. "

There will be no live audience in attendance at the debate.

29 Likes

Correct. The “arena” will be entirely CNN people. The fact that there’s no audience doesn’t undo what she’s saying in her delusional unreality.

13 Likes

:crossed_fingers: Hope it works out. This is the only way I plan on keeping up with it.

If not, Cheers! everyone. :tumbler_glass:

18 Likes

I hope President Biden doesn’t say that. I might miss something else after passing out from hysterically laughing if he did that. It would take me a few minutes to come to, no doubt.

20 Likes

Happens every time he has dinner with his family.

50 Likes

Knives Out: The Glass Onion Belt

14 Likes

I should be home in 27 minutes. I’ll be joining you!

ETA – Well…not “in-person joining you” joining you, but I will be pouring my first cocktail of the evening.

20 Likes

In spirit with spirits.

8 Likes

Maybe switch to Purina™ brand?

Kidding! I kid! I’m a kidder!

30 Likes

Habitrail™ Server System.

12 Likes

This should be worth watching for a 1/2 hour or so. No hooting dumbasses to get Chump excited and a woman hitting the old man mute button should set that nest on his head on fire. Sorry ladies, some variation of a male mute button wasn’t available back in the day.

Dementia does not wait till the election is over. I’m sure many here have witnessed it. It’s disturbing and sad but I hope Chump goes down Memory Lane tonight and can’t find his way back. And I hope it makes viewers squirm.

13 Likes

19 Likes

Get the Cedar Wood Chip™ upgrade.

11 Likes