Bernie Takes A Page From Trump By Posting Doctored Vid Of Him Spooking POTUS | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) gave President Trump a taste of his own medicine.

In an 11th hour fundraising push on Sunday evening, Sanders posted a doctored video of himself sneaking up on President Trump and scaring him during a campaign rally. The caption said: “Want to really scare Trump? Help us show the strength of our campaign to defeat him — chip in before our fundraising deadline at midnight at the link the bio.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1232511
1 Like

this timeline

Sad how abject desperation can lead to things like this…

7 Likes

I am against this. Whatever I think about Bernie, he is not a pig in a sty.

Trump is…and he likes it there…and if he gets you to join him, he has an advantage

13 Likes

yep

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m for “one bad turn deserves another” or “what goes around comes around” or “this is just silly tit for tat”. In any case, Dems have Hollywood on their side for the most part and tRump has that ex-grunge looking nutball, Brad Parscale. I’ll take my chances on more Hollywood and less Parscale if it comes to fighting fire with fire. So Bernie, do your best. Its early and as they say where I come from, “It coodn’t hoit”.

6 Likes

was this created by Bernie’s campaign?

I personally don’t mind clearly satirical videos like this – they are the modern equivalent of political cartoons. As long as the its obviously “collaged” video, there is nothing wrong with it.

There is a distinction to be drawn between the Bernie “boo” video, (and the Biden massaging Biden clip) and what was done to Pelosi – the slowing down of the Pelosi video was designed not to make a point about her, but to make it appear that she was actually drunk.

That should be considered libel, because it is a knowing, false depiction of her.

9 Likes

Agree, as funny as it might be, it degrades everyone. Dems need to remain above this.

2 Likes

You may want to rethink that…especially now.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m apathetic.

I should be concerned or sad that a major presidential candidate went there, but considering that ‘45’ made 2016 into a virtual 1A issue, I have zero ‘you know whats’ to give,.

4 Likes

This shit needs to be called out, not normalized.

7 Likes

Agreed. I’ll also just add that of all of the Dem candidates, i’m glad this came from Bernie instead of one of the other more legitimate contenders. I can’t see much good resulting from these antics, other than to give the Dotard a taste of his own medicine. That said, what comes next? I do not want to know.

8 Likes

On the other hand, remaining “above it all” is what got us Neil Gorsuch and not Merrick Garland…so frankly, I’m of two minds about this. Enough of the slander, the lies and the obstruction by the other side and once in awhile go for the jugular. Besides, this is tame and barely scandalous. Really, just tit for tat.

12 Likes

I’m surprised at myself, or not sure what’s going on with me. (LOL) Not a Bernie fan at all, but I’m ok with hitting trump with this video, though I think it could have been produced a little better, but I like it.

And…of all the tweets defending Kamala from the birtherism BS, I liked Bernie’s the best.

Ruh ro…repeat…not a Bernie fan, but hey…it is what it is.

The high road has gotten us nowhere, maybe that’s why I like this stuff.

11 Likes

Like I said to Emiliano, I’m apathetic about the video.

I shouldn’t be, but Trump got over on account of a (borderline) mangling of the first, so shrug.

1 Like

4 Likes

Gotta hand it to him for upping his humor game.

3 Likes

I think its important to keep it amateurish – the more professional it looks, the further it goes from “collaged” video to “doctored” video

I think that 10 years ago, no one would have found this objectionable – and if it had shown up on a late night TV show, it would be considered funny.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available