Behind The Putsch: Video Of Trumps Jamming To ‘Gloria’ Before Inciting Mob | Talking Points Memo

The late Laura Branigan’s legacy manager is not happy. 

Why? Because the Trump family used the ’80s singer’s hit song “Gloria,” without permission, to warm up for their attack on the United States Capitol. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1353234
1 Like

I can hardly wait for “Trumpfall, The Musical.” Choreography by Rick Perry.

43 Likes

Ok, Lincoln Project. Fresh comedic fodder…

30 Likes

# Facebook bans Trump from posting for remainder of his term in office

Twitter… c’mon already.

42 Likes

The whole Trump Crime Family has the collective maturity and judgment of Fredo Corleone.

36 Likes

Command control…

2 Likes

Why is he not being banned for life?

30 Likes

All they lack is a beer hall in Munich.

18 Likes

I watched the entire video, and all I saw were thumbs up – not a single “White Power” sign.

They’re just phoning it in at this point.

Sad!

38 Likes

As the tape runs, though, Trump simply nods his head to the beat. Only Branigan seems to know what’s coming.

I think you’ve got to slow down ,” she sings.

Before you start to blow it

I think you’re headin’ for a breakdown

I’m glad I still have some ability to laugh despite everything. Thanks, Matt Shuham!

Trying to think of any other lyrics I can remember from that song. So far, it’s only something like:
All the voices in your head… calling “Gloria”

22 Likes

This would have been much more appropriate:

9 Likes

To repeat something from an earlier post, it is high time for the Office of Legal Counsel’s opinion that no sitting President may be prosecuted be rescinded immediately. Then Trump, as well as his two errant sons can be arrested and charged with everything from inciting riot to sedition and treason.

34 Likes

… Johnny Knoxville.

12 Likes

There is a thread on Twitter that’s looking at those that broke into the Chamber room. It looks like they were ex military. They were equipped with nylon restraints. Some with hidden bullet proof shields.

19 Likes

Now, now. He’s actually parlayed his way along to a semi-decent career with plenty of money to be comfortable.

Not bad for someone who started out having children kick him in the family jewels.

7 Likes

Oh, those were just cosplay rent boys Graham had hired for “celebrations” after the vote.

20 Likes

I checked earlier. He’s not twittering.

4 Likes

Lol !:rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

That’s true. But everybody knows him as his former self.

1 Like

I know. Annoying. Want to see the next chapter in this epic reality show already.

? What’d I write that sounded like I was joking?

3 Likes