Behind The Putsch: Video Of Trumps Jamming To ‘Gloria’ Before Inciting Mob | Talking Points Memo

Phew! I thought it was going to be Van Morrison’s song.

13 Likes

Mark Meadow’s Shit eating grin for starters
A real party for him
See that he never works in Washington again

22 Likes

I know it wasn’t a joke. I was larfing at the image in my mind. I’ll keep it to myself.

2 Likes

DJTJ is nothing less than a scumbag. Just like DJTS.

11 Likes

Don’t leave out Iwanka.

13 Likes

“As the tape runs, though, Trump simply nods his head to the beat.”

I wondered if there was a rattling sound. Don Jr. never struck me as the deepest thinker in the universe. I suspect that connecting the dots beyond “A” and “B” just requires too much effort, especially with a lifetime of experience having any judgment slapped out of him by daddy.

5 Likes

The Shovel is Australia’s Onion

7 Likes

Are those items not available to civilians?

3 Likes

The jaw is a stone cold giveaway.

4 Likes

I can’t quite figure out what the Trumpian dream future would be. World leaders were almost entirely united in their horror at this attack. The country would be isolated internationally and vulnerable to unthinkable attacks. I know that Putin, and perhaps Trump, would relish that, but i can’t imagine that Mark Meadows has really contemplated it. On a domestic level, it would be horrific. Right wing sites are full of postings anticipating the day when the poster would be able to murder liberals. I’m trying to understand what kind of world these people envision. I realize that he is thinking no further than his ability to avoid prosecution, but have the others thought about this at all?

21 Likes

“Awesome patriots, sick of the bullshit…”

Yes, we are, Junior. Soone builshit will be gone, flushed away. And what’s that about you thinking of a 2024 run for President?

8 Likes

Yes but your average protester isn’t going to be equipped to take hostages. The thread indicates that the first in were coordinated.

12 Likes

looks as if some may have taken home some souvenirs.

"“The coronavirus thrives indoors, particularly in crowded spaces, lingering in the air in tiny particles called aerosols. If even a few extremists were infected — likely, given the current rates of spread and the crowd size — then the virus would have had the ideal opportunity to find new victims, experts said.”

8 Likes

That should be a good one. Personally, I’m looking forward to The Lyin’ King, Wickeder, The Fatman of the Opera, The Book of Moron, A Virus Line, Melania Mia!, Man of La Munchies, Am Too Misbehavin’!, Dinky Boots, and How to Pretend to Succeed in Business

18 Likes

I was actually wondering, before I clicked the link, whether they chose the Van Morrison or Patti Smith version … that would have garnered the a tiny bit of respect

5 Likes

I’m really hesitant about going to DC. I’m really old and I’d likely catch covid despite every precaution, but I guess that sometimes you have to do disgusting stuff to protect what you love. Tree of Liberty and all that goes with it…I’m hoping we get through the next 13 days without any more seditious insurrection.

Satan’s Avatar should be impeached again NOW. Regardless, he should be handcuffed and frog marched at 12:01 PM 20 Jan 2021 for inciting to riot on federal property which resulted in death. The list of possible indictments has grown remarkably long.

10 Likes

I don’t think Trump just incited the riot. I think he also coordinated it.

13 Likes

That would not surprise me one bit. I’m pretty sure a good investigator could prove it, too.

8 Likes

Absolutely he wanted that excuse to call out the Guard using insurrection as the reason. He set the explosives and then lit the match. How he is still sucking air as President tonight is beyond me. He is cornered, isolated but still wields power, perhaps ignored at this point but still a danger that needs to be gone now.

4 Likes

I think there are plenty of Democrats and liberal-minded people who know a lot about firearms. They usually don’t flaunt it like the right-wing-nuts, though. At least that’s what I’ve noticed during my lifetime.

11 Likes