Barron Trump’s Private School Remaining Closed As Prez Pushes For Reopening | Talking Points Memo

My kid is in college, but we sort of did that with his (ex) girlfriend’s family. We had to trust them, and vice versa, not to break the bubble. I don’t know what we would have done if he were a youngster. His best friends had siblings, so if you start to consider they have their own friends, it gets really easy for families to violate isolation. Two or even three only children with responsible parents is an easier undertaking.

3 Likes

I had a prof in grad school who would rant about high heels if someone set him off - his wife had broken her ankle getting into a car once. Some students came from work, and the women quickly learned to change into tennis shoes for his classes.

2 Likes

These are the same people who say school shootings are just the freedom train rolling through. I saw that monster, Tucker Carlson, once do an interview with the uncle of a child killed by a gun left laying around the house and the uncle said the shooting was no different than a child drowning in a backyard pool. How the fuck does that make it better? These are also the clowns who state the .02% death rate estimated for in person school children is a super low number but ignore that’s 14,000 children. Imagine the panic in this country if Chromebooks used in schools were exploding and killing 14,000 children. Does anyone believe any sane person would hand their child a Chromebook and say that the likely hood of dying is remote so they should use it any way?

5 Likes

When I read his comment it didn’t sound like a smart thing to say. Doofus.

1 Like

Truly, they are ridiculous and uncomfortable and bad for you. I only wear them for work about 2 days a week now.

3 Likes

Right. Negligent driving and DUI, particularly when they result in property or bodily damage (or death) are punished as felonies. It is harder to establish who might have contracted COVID from someone’s not wearing a mask – but the science is clear enough about the possibilities that flouting the mask rule should be legally punishable with sufficient sanctions to deter the idiotic or the ideologically motivated.

3 Likes

She and her staff are quietly waiting for Michelle Obama to weigh in, in writing.

4 Likes

In this morning’s tweet, I’m sure that Donald doesn’t mean his own son’s school…

Cases up because of BIG Testing! Much of our Country is doing very well. Open the Schools!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 3, 2020
2 Likes

A podiatrist told me once that he would lose a third of his practice if it wasn’t for the damage women did to themselves by wearing high heels.

5 Likes

Coltrane! You spelled Coltrane wrong. I’m pretending I’m @thunderclapnewman. No lute music??

4 Likes

When I’m quilting or thinking or entertaining a guest, lute music is my first choice.
But if I’m cleaning or cooking, I like jazz or big band.

3 Likes

Try Ornette Colman when you’re cleaning the house and let me know what it looks like when you’re done.

4 Likes

wow, some really funky shoes on that site!

1 Like

I hope you’re all right. Was the biopsy good or bad news?

1 Like

Michelle weighs in: Yes, Joe, I’ll be your running mate.
I know, I know, I know…

1 Like

Coleman! You spelled Coleman wrong. (you’re doing the rest right)

1 Like

They’re on my wish list, but I am paralyzed by all the cool choices. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think my e key doesn’t work all the time.

2 Likes

I definitely bookmarked that link. For a future shopping spree… maybe when we have something to celebrate. (fingers crossed)

1 Like

If we ever get to have church choir again, I need a pair of these to peek out under the black cassock.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available