Barr Puts FBI On Blast And Accuses Obama Admin Of Spying In NBC Interview

Going as far as accusing the FBI of possibly acting “in bad faith,” Attorney General Bill Barr on Tuesday doubled down on his rejection of the Justice Department inspector general’s finding that the FBI did not improperly launch its investigation into the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267575

He must think the American people are really stupid. Why is no one calling him out on this BS?? Why are they accepting it and reporting it and giving it credence?

53 Likes

Wow. Wonder what his colleagues are thinking right about now. I know he’s been this guy career-long, but how do his peers feel now that he’s emboldened by Trumpism to just say it right out loud? I’d like to think that someone somewhere is embarrassed for him.And for us as a democracy with this guy in the top law enforcement position.

30 Likes

Seditious bull shit!!! Makes Jeff Sessions look reasonable!!!

40 Likes

“I think probably from a civil liberties standpoint, the greatest danger to our free system is that the incumbent government used the apparatus of the state, principally the law enforcement agencies and the intelligence agencies, both to spy on political opponents, but also to use them in a way that could affect the outcome of the election,” Barr told NBC News correspondent Pete Williams.

“Unless you are a Republican, then it is not only totally fine but absolutely the correct thing to do.”

29 Likes

Too late you corpulent miscreant, I and a lot of other folks already have.

“I think right now it would be premature to make any judgment one way or the other,” he said.

He’s admitting that he’s got the fix in.

32 Likes

I would love, love LOVE it if Obama went on TV and said,

“AG Barr, you are accusing me of horrible, treasonous acts against this country. Either provide evidence and charge me, or keep my name out of your mouth.”

65 Likes

Trump goes on offense. It’ll only get worse until November

25 Likes

Bill Barr is a lying POS. He’s actually worse and more despicabe than Trump because he’s smarter, and he knows better. How in the hell did corrupt Trump find such an enabler to defend him and, at the same time, destroy the institutions of the DOj.

Edited to correct typo.

62 Likes

Impeach this lying, corrupt f*ck!

15 Likes

And fuck you, Pete Williams and NBC for your feckless enabling. You irresponsible twits.

82 Likes

I remember sitting in a barbershop in San Antonio when Colin Powell presented the smoking gun satellite images of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction. Lots of squinting and shrugging in the room.

Can’t wait to see Barr’s evidence. Bet it looks like more Iraqi trucks and office buildings.

28 Likes

Holy shit! Barr has gone full-birther.

15 Likes

I’m beginning to think he’s simply as Cocoa for Cocoa Puffs as Trump is.

10 Likes

I think this was a very reasonable stance of the Attorney General for the District of Moscow to take.

Certainly no American AG would underbus the FBI.

48 Likes

I would like to see Obama very quietly open up a slander or defamation suit against Barr. This is a bridge too far. Obama’s reputation has been smeared by these bastards for three years, mostly stupid stuff, but this is just too much.

30 Likes

He has senate approval.

3 Likes

I respect President Obama but believe it is long past time for him to come out and address these corrupt bastards and the dangerous lies they’re perpetrating.

Enough of this “when they go low, we go high”. How about “when they lie, we expose them for what they are”?

30 Likes

Because they really don’t care about the truth and the facts. As Chuck Todd says, that’s not their job.

24 Likes

They had them. Rumsfeld still had the invoices.

dictators-saddam-rumsfeld

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available