Barr Puts FBI On Blast And Accuses Obama Admin Of Spying In NBC Interview

“And I think that leaves open the possibility to infer bad faith.”

Bad faith. Yeah, I’m inferring some bad faith right now.
Barr is ridiculous.

And imminently impeachable.

25 Likes

8 Likes

Barr must be counting on a Trump pardon, since he’s all-in on the corruption and cover up. Given Don the Con’s dishonesty, I hope he stiffs Barr since after January 20, 2021, the DOJ career attorneys will happily prosecute him.

12 Likes

Meanwhile Joe Biden thinks that Barr will have an epiphany and be a cool dude once Trump is no longer on the scene and that all these guys are nice pro-America types underneath the partisan veneer, and that both sides do this kind of stuff and it’s the job of a Democratic president to broker equidistantly between a Democratic base that wants to tax billionaires a bit more and a Republican establishment that has brought us to the brink of fascism.

11 Likes

Amid all the Outrage (which I also feel), this is great news for us.

Barr has put himself in an impossible position. Don’t let the drone and the feigned nonchalance fool you.

He’s finished as a responsible American government official

I will now feign some nonchalance and refrain from calling him the 354 names I want to call him.

21 Likes

That would be “Prosecutor General” Barr.

17 Likes

You know, boycotting Fox News has been a reasonably successful tack against such BS. At what point can a boycott against NBC News be taken? Who are their sponsors?

3 Likes

“…How in the hell did corrupt Trump find such an enabler to defend him and, at the same time, destroy the institutions of the DOJ?..”

Be sure that corresponding persons have enabled every authoritarian leader who came to power last hundred years right up to the present. Trump and his enablers are just replicating the model. Nothing new under the sun. Founding Fathers knew that.

18 Likes

Truly a disgrace. A John Mitchell level of disgrace.

22 Likes

Fat Nixon’s found his Fat Cohn.

14 Likes

He has Senate approval.

Geez, I know that.

1 Like

"We have to remember, in today’s world, presidential campaigns are frequently in contact with foreign persons,” Barr said. “And indeed, in most campaigns, there are signs of illegal foreign money coming in. And we don’t automatically assume that the campaigns are nefarious and traitors and acting in league with foreign powers.”

I stopped reading after this. THIS! THIS! Is not allowed! You just fucking admitted that Trump broke the law, again.

43 Likes

The pillars of society.

6 Likes

You know, I’m thinking their sponsors are companies that sell a lot of “Boomer Swag”, like weird prescription drugs, reverse mortgages, erection enhancement crap, doorbells with cameras, etc. Mrs Von Holst just mutes the stuff. We can’t boycott people who sell stuff that we don’t buy.

13 Likes

I love the fact that Obama kept his mouth shut while all this was going on in 2016 so it wouldn’t seem like he was trying to influence the election, only for this sh*t to be spewed out three years later.

12 Likes

“I think right now it would be premature to make any judgment one way or the other,” he said.

“But I will anyhow. Obama is a spy.”

10 Likes

Trump’s toady mouthing more fascist horse shit.

2 Likes

WTF. The Attorney General blasting an agency under his direct control through the media? Can’t he summon the FBI Director and talk things over?

19 Likes

Actually we do. Been several scandals in the last few years.

9 Likes

I’m sure that career DoJ folks are keeping their contemporaneous notes/memos to self up to date and on their on electronic devises.
And at this point prosecute is not enough, I’m at this moment in time looking for crucifying him and all the other enablers, but I’ll settle for banishment.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available