Barr Now Claims He’s ‘Not Surprised’ By Pro-Trump Violence After Mocking ‘Liberals’ For Concerns

Former Attorney General Bill Barr totally saw this coming, really!

On Monday, Barr told ITV News that he was “sad to see but not surprised” by the pro-Trump insurrection on January 6, asserting that loss of faith in the elections was “the thing that precipitated” the violence.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1355228
1 Like

I looked into the genesis. Incitement was involved.

33 Likes

Barr was not surprised by what he enabled.

41 Likes

“All this bullshit about how the President is going to stay in office and seize power? I’ve never heard of any of that crap,”

Any bets he wouldn’t repeat that under oath?

52 Likes

No pardon for you, Fat Boy…

36 Likes

Oh do go away and don’t show your face again until you’re subpoenaed

50 Likes

Go back under your rock, asshole, and stay there.

27 Likes

John Kass is the print version of Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller and QAnon.

14 Likes

LowBarr has always been and will, until his death, continue to be a dickhead without compare.

29 Likes

He’d say, “‘Heard?’ Not quite sure what that means. Could you define it for me?”

15 Likes

Blah, blah, lies…blah, blah, lies.

Why does anyone even care what you say?

14 Likes

Aaahh. Bill. Bill. Just GFY. And I mean that in the most respectful way possible, you maggot-riddled pile of rotting hog entrails.

17 Likes

Totally O/T but listen all the way through, It could save your life

Joe And Kamala To Hold Memorial Service For Victims As Covid Deaths Reach 400K

“It’s more transmissible, spreading to more vulnerable populations, even casual interactions with people are much more likely to lead to infections,” Dr. Sanjay Gupta said.

26 Likes

In other words, his newspaper column is not good enough for puppy house training?

9 Likes

“On Monday, Barr told ITV News that he was “sad to see but not surprised” by the pro-Trump insurrection on January 6, asserting that loss of faith in the elections was “the thing that precipitated” the violence.”

I hope one day the the mystery of why the citizenry lost faith in the electoral process can be solved. Tis a puzzle to be sure.

39 Likes

I really hope that within the first 10 days of the Biden Administration, and before Fat Nixon’s second (2nd) impeachment trial, that the unredacted Mueller report is released.

Would undoubtedly add some much needed context for the Senate to consider.

28 Likes

“ …and also when they lose faith in the integrity of elections, you are going to have some people resort to violence,” Barr said.

Sixty bogus and frivolous law suits denied. Yup, it can happen. It’s just like losing your car keys.

22 Likes

“They are projecting,” he continued. “They are creating an incendiary situation where there will be loss of confidence in the vote.”

So many layers of rich, chocolaty irony. “They” are creating an incendiary situation, says the guy who created the incendiary situation. “They” are projecting, says the guy who is literally projecting.

34 Likes

Well, it does feature his picture, so the puppy would have something suitable to aim for.

9 Likes

Barr’s calling bull shit is in itself bull shit! He is that much of a weasel.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available