Barr: If I Wanted To Meddle In SDNY, I Wouldn’t Have Fired Berman | Talking Points Memo

Firing Berman was a mistake because a court appointed his successor until the replacement is confirmed by the senate which will happen around the 12th of never. It is pretty clear that Trump ordered the firing and that is he scared of shitless of something or maybe a lot of somethings.

6 Likes

download

5 Likes

Pretty sure - as bad as he is - he’s still a lawyer. He’s probably familiar with the phrase “Term of Art”.

No where - in ANY fucking ‘art’ - does “Stepping down” equate to 'Getting fired".

He’s desperate.

And with the recent very public announcement of Maxwell being placed on ‘suicide watch’ - I think he’s worried that this time, the ‘watch’ might not ‘fall asleep’ with broken cameras.

6 Likes

It would also be easier to do an Epstein on her.

1 Like

Understatement of the decade.

Barr is like a piece of dog shit on the sole of your shoe. You can smell it, you don’t like it and it won’t go away without a thorough cleaning. With apologies to the dog shit.

2 Likes

Well, Berman resigned, and was not fired (as even Trump expressly acknowledges), so I take Barr’s statement quoted above (quite literally) as an admission by Barr that he was indeed trying to influence one or more cases. Lock him up!

Smug piece of shit. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone so full of the kind of hubris this fucker displays whenever he opens his big fat mouth. He’s another one with major daddy issues.

10 Likes

I got a used thesaurus that’s really bad. In fact it’s so bad, it’s…bad.

10 Likes

Who ever is paying Barr to try and clean up trump’s destruction of the republican party is not getting their moneys worth.

2 Likes

Well, I certain agree in spirit with what you say, but I rise to speak on behalf of treasonous toads. Specifically, I do not believe it to be entirely fair to treasonous toads that you lump them into the same general category as William Barr. They have nowhere near the mendacity of William Barr, and moreover, no treasonous toad that you could point to was ever so purely evil, treacherous or treasonous as William Barr. So, I do not believe the comparison between the two to be entirely fair.

5 Likes

" I’m just a simple U.S. Attorney General overseeing a massive staff and government organization.
What about my past behavior would lead you to believe that I would do such a thing? "

7 Likes

“I’d like to hear some examples of people we’ve charged that they think were unrighteous cases to bring,” Barr said.

This is the second time Barr has tried to gaslight the accusation that he was trying to derail ongoing investigations into some entirely other accusation that was never made.

Originally, he was insisting that they would never interfere with ongoing cases. But investigations aren’t ongoing cases. They’re what precede indictments. Now he’s pretending the accusation is that “we” (whoever “we” might be) have brought improper indictments. (Granted, god knows he’s trying to.)

For the second time, by using a Naughty Schoolboy Trick of technically not telling a lie so you don’t have to confess to Father Frank, he has basically admitted the allegation is true.

And it gives one furiously to wonder what is being investigated by some SDNY grand jury or the FBI that has him desperate or rattled enough to do this.

15 Likes

I’m thinking this one - assembled by a line worker with COVID.

2 Likes

Maybe. I’m inclined to think they want her to live and testify against some Democrats. DT is losing women voters in droves. A show trial ahead of the election that is intended to show that Democrats treat women even worse than DT would be helpful to DT.

“even if one were interested in trying to influence a case you wouldn’t do it by removing … the head of the office.”

Barr was not under oath.

Why commit to the truth when anything else works just as well?

2 Likes

To be expected from a sack o’ shit.

Why would I want to install a puppet if I wanted to meddle in investigations there?

4 Likes

He does think we’re dumb. But all he needs is for this idea to be parroted all over Fox so the “pick the lie you like best” crowd will have more options.

2 Likes

Barr translated: Well of course we were firing him but we didn’t want to do it publicly. So we were hoping to bribe him into taking a different job to help cover it up.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available