Barr: If I Wanted To Meddle In SDNY, I Wouldn’t Have Fired Berman | Talking Points Memo

Attorney General Bill Barr defended himself against allegations of mendacity in an interview with ABC, offering his view of what led to the firing of U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Geoffrey Berman.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319675
1 Like

“I don’t know what he’s describing,” Barr said, referring to Berman’s allegation that Barr lied in saying that Berman had resigned. “It was not misleading. Stepping down is a term that we use. It’s ambiguous as to what the basis for it is.”

that’s not even grasping at straws, that’s simply making shit up

41 Likes

Somebody’s getting a wee bit nervous

16 Likes

Barr’s torturing of the English language and logic proves his mendacity.

28 Likes

“Stepping down” is done by choice. It’s not ambiguous, you treasonous toad.

32 Likes

You did you damn fool

4 Likes

From stepping down to tap-dancing, Barr has it covered.

13 Likes

I’ve listened to more rational farts.

20 Likes

“I’d like to hear some examples of people we’ve charged that they think were unrighteous cases to bring,” Barr said.

It’s not the cases you bring, it’s the ones you’re NOT prosecuting to protect your one and only client, Trump.

40 Likes

Barr said that “even if one were interested in trying to influence a case you wouldn’t do it by removing … the head of the office.”

Does he think us dumb? Removing and replacing the head of the SDNY with someone more willing (or more incompetent) is exactly how you would interfere.

Lest we forget, Barr was trying to replace Berman with someone outside the SDNY rather than the rightful deputy.

27 Likes
12 Likes

“I’d like to hear some examples of people we’ve charged that they think were unrighteous cases to bring,” Barr said.

It’s the cases you didn’t bring, asshole.

18 Likes

Has billybarr been drinking with “Guilty isn’t guilty!” giuliantsy?

7 Likes

Sure Gordo, we believe you. You have such a sterling reputation and all.

4 Likes

The fact that Barr felt he had to make a statement at all tells you he is rattled. I guess things aren’t working out exactly the way the fat man thought they would.

23 Likes

That’s all of their problems, everyone in the GOP always thinks they’re the smartest person in the room.

15 Likes

We said he was stepping down which is usually the language we use in these — in these kinds of announcements,” Barr addd. “But it left open the possibility that once he saw that he was leaving the position, that he’d be interested in figuring out other alternatives.”

Uh, wut? How, pray tell, does one enter the state of “stepping down” without knowing that they were leaving a position?

One can only “step down” if they know they are leaving the dais. Otherwise, it’s more of a tackling and dragging down…

14 Likes

He’s got to be scared shitless, his unitary executive theory got shutdown by the Supreme Court today.

20 Likes

…you wouldn’t do it by removing … the head of the office.”

Hindsight being 20-20 and all…

4 Likes

Yeah, kinda takes the puffery out of the sails.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available