Barr: If I Wanted To Meddle In SDNY, I Wouldn’t Have Fired Berman | Talking Points Memo

Barr is definitely not stupid. A major problem for him is that Trump’s blatant corruption is forcing him to come out of hiding so often that his corruption has become completely obvious for everyone to see. His credibility, which used to give him a certain amount of public authority, is now pretty much shot.

11 Likes

I reckon he wanted someone in that job who would accidentally not hear some of the names Ghislaine Maxwell is about to drop. Or hear them but have trouble remembering having heard them.

10 Likes

"Barr argued more broadly that he hadn’t interfered in federal criminal cases for political reasons.

“I’d like to hear some examples of people we’ve charged that they think were unrighteous cases to bring,” Barr said."

Get it? See what he did there? He demanded an example of exactly the opposite thing he knows he’s being accused of that was corrupt. His corruption has been in protecting criminal Trump toadies from prosecution or full punishment, not bringing political prosecutions against people…although those will no doubt start next term if Trump wins.

16 Likes

What he likes to do he works at:

Lying. Hence the smirk.

9 Likes

I’d like to see him beaten to death with his bagpipes, but I’ll take Biden prosecuting him and throwing him in jail once he makes all the shit they’ve done public.

14 Likes

I hope Kamala gets another crack at him.

13 Likes

“You would do it,” he continued, “by first soliciting the cooperation of the head of the office. Only when that failed would you actually remove the head of the office.”

9 Likes

Except for some notable exceptions- if you heard words “Dept. of Justice” and Attorney General, you would think they would not be promoting and practicing lying and corruption - they would be rooting it out and prosecuting the liars and corrupters (is that a word?). But in 2020, you’d be wrong.

5 Likes

Yes this, this is like mob lawyer trying to make their client not sound guilty.

9 Likes

“You can’t quit, you’re really not fired!” Wait, that’s not it.

“I demand that you resign from your position, and at the same time I demand that you keep doing what you are doing!” Wait, that’s not it either.

“You are a credit to your office, and I would like you to leave immediately!” No, still not quite right.

I’ve got it now. “Please pack your knives and go!” Whatevs…

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: My thought exactly: “Calling Sen. Harris! Calling Sen. Harris! Word salad cleanup on Aisle Three!”

8 Likes

I’m thinking about a nice gift basket for Barr, filled with these.

2 Likes

“I’d like to hear some examples of people we’ve charged that they think were unrighteous cases to bring,” Barr said.
Mr. Barr, We are much more interested in examples that were righteous, where you decided NOT to charge. And also cases where there where multiple guilty pleas that you decided to drop the charges altogether. You don’t really thinl America is as stupid as the Trump supporters, do you?

8 Likes

It’s going to be so sweet when this cuck gets his due. It’s coming… John Mitchell thought he was invincible too.

10 Likes

Barr has lost all credibility, and he knows it, but he keeps lying.

5 Likes

Bullcrap Billy…you meddled by firing Berman. Even idiots understand what you did.

7 Likes

Just a layman here but what ?

“Barr said that “even if one were interested in trying to influence a case you wouldn’t do it by removing… the head of the office”

A different opinion

8 Likes

Never fit better…

Blockquote

10 Likes

When you are explaining you are losing. Kool.

6 Likes

Did reporter ask Barr why he had Berman fired? Of course not. No guts, no courage.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available