Barr: If I Wanted To Meddle In SDNY, I Wouldn’t Have Fired Berman | Talking Points Memo

Excellent idea. Perhaps we could arrange for a bagpipe band to play during his perp walk.

1 Like

Yes, and two-thirds of the people who try to repeat it say the fish “stinks” from the head. People are dumb, mostly.

1 Like

—a “no show job” as Berman described it today.

2 Likes

That is how the expression is manifested here in Rhode Island. But, I would argue that this version isn’t “dumb.” Rotting flesh stinks pretty bad, so substituting “stink” for “rot” is no far cry. In fact, it’s much more visceral than rot. You don’t even have to see the fish to know something is very wrong. Just let your nose tell the tale.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to matter. They lie as easily as breathing, and as demonstrated by Flynn, they can get away with it. Perjury only exists when someone is willing and able to prosecute.

1 Like

Plus, you didn’t fire Berman, Barr. Trump did.

Nah, I’m gonna be judgmental here. The idea of “rot” is much more fundamental to the concept of gradual corruption than “stink.” If some executive—heaven forfend that I mean anyone in particular—is corrupt, that will extend itself out and down. “Stink” doesn’t make a lot of sense in comparison. Nobody says, “Whew, the front third of that fish really stinks.”

1 Like

lolz. Agree to disagree, fellow word cop. I’ve used this expression since I moved here 30 years ago. I’m stickin’ with stink!

1 Like

What about the cases you’ve dropped that were unrighteously dropped?

1 Like

“If I wanted to prevent the possible destruction of the American justice system, I wouldn’t have let Li’l Billy live instead of smothering him with a pillow when he was 5 years old.” - William Barr’s mother

How the fuck did this lying sack of shit get so far in life? Oh yeah, Democrats let Iran Contra slide and all the rats involved got stronger rather than ridden out of the public square on a rail. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen this time, no looking forward until we’ve looked back on this administration with a fucking magnifying glass and put everyone of these bastards in jail.

2 Likes

Doublespeak, if you need a description.

“We said he was stepping down…”

Who’s the “we”?

Sounds like Barr and Trump. The absurd definition of “stepping down” Barr used seems too preposterous for Barr to come up with on his own. It sounds like an explanation someone who cheated on their SAT’s would come up with…

1 Like

You would think that that huge cranium would contain some grey matter that could conjure up something a bit better than this…despicable liar like his boss.

“That’s simply not how the Southern District of New York or the Department as a whole operates,”

I’m pretty sure that’s been the mantra of the entire DOJ since Trump was elected and Barr… appointed.

Don’t you know? It’s the “Royal We”, e.g. the Imperial Trump Presidency. Welcome to the Hive!

2 Likes

Remember, he was Papa Bush’s consigliere. Papa Bush stayed out of prison. McConnell called on Barr to reprise his role as consigliere to Trump and protect their useful idiot. Guarantee Barr’s self-image is that of a noble, honorable public servant instead of the corrupt, unprincipled turd that he is.

1 Like

Barr’s credibility has been non existent since 1992.

“On December 24, 1992, during his final month in office, Bush, on the advice of Barr, pardoned Weinberger, along with five other administration officials who had been found guilty on charges relating to the Iran – Contra affair.”

2 Likes

If I Wanted To Meddle In SDNY, I Wouldn’t Have Fired Berman

Yes, and if we want any more lying bullshit out of you, we will just squeeze your head - OK?

That is, I think, a good illustration of how Barr prefers to operate. Notice that it wasn’t him who actually stepped up front and gave the pardons. He just stood in the background while the politician he was advising did the public, visible, dirty work.

2 Likes

I hesitate to argue with Rhode Islanders about fish that are past the prime of their lives but I will stick to my guns on this one, believing as I do that reasonable people may differ. :fish::fish::fish:

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available