AZ GOP Cites ‘Copyright Concerns’ After Deleting Incendiary Rambo Tweet | Talking Points Memo

Where copious amounts of alcohol AND shark movies are concerned, Robert Shaw deserves some of the credit, too.

6 Likes

I can’t think of a reason they’d want to do that, with the overarching interest in minimizing the whole situation. But it sure doesn’t quite add up.

12 Likes

I’m okay with it. There are ex generals and then there are ex generals.

Remember this guy, Boykin?

Gen. Austin took an oath to defend the constitution. He’ll take it again. I’m not concerned. The guy that’s there now (Chris Miller?), he concerns me.

6 Likes

Maybe they’re actually all so terrified they report in for treatment the moment they sniffle twice or cough once after the positive test. Maybe it really always is “an abundance of caution.”

3 Likes

That would make sense, the way they carry on.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t look at it as a comparison to now, since a potted plant would be an improvement.

Just don’t like it becoming a norm to have retirees in there, as they’re a product of the system and it undermines the concept of civilian control.

7 Likes

50!

12 Likes

And since we’re “overreacting” with masks don’t expect to see him wearing one.

If I understand correctly, Stallone failed his physical. Seems odd, but most likely because he suffered nerve damage to his face. Maybe the army figured there could be other nerve damage that could cause a problem down the road, but that’s a WAG.

2 Likes

Not to get to into the weeds, but a number of Defense Secretaries have served in the military prior to becoming SoD, so don’t we have a bit of a demarcation problem. How long out of service is enough. What makes seven years special? Why not 5, 10? Perhaps a ceremonial undefilement ceremony would be better.

5 Likes

And I thought he was a method actor.

1 Like

Good Lord,

4 Likes

I remember when this happened with Mattis, but I never quite got what the problem is. Is the concern that a general retired less than 5 years might have enough of a relationship with active duty soldiers that he or she could organize them to perform a coup?

Those millions of mail-in votes must look like 15 year old hussies, so he can’t resist.

3 Likes

I thought Apollo Creed caused that damage to his face.

2 Likes

Did he ride to court on a pony?

6 Likes

You couldn’t be MORE wrong!

2 Likes

All of the general officers have their proteges, you can track whole career paths from Lieutenants all the way up where people are helped through the system by the folks on the next rung up the ladder. The seven-year gap is supposed to help break that chain and ensure that things are happening on merit and not just who the person knows.

5 Likes

So any whack job from Arizona that now thinks suicide bomber is his life calling – that’s on you, AZ Republican party.

2 Likes

We are in the completely nuts stage of the post election litigation.

2 Likes