AZ GOP Cites ‘Copyright Concerns’ After Deleting Incendiary Rambo Tweet | Talking Points Memo

I think they both had the same problem, they needed a place to dry out.

ETA: Do we know in either case what type of test each took? Were they retested? Or did they just needed to get away from Donald for a day or two?

4 Likes

Of course it doesn’t — it’s Rudes.

One of the things that almost all the conservatives that I’ve met rely on for actionable information is personal experience or anecdotes from friends or specific individuals they trust. They are data and statistics averse. Why would anyone trust Rudy? Because he’s not a liberal. So they trust him even if he’s dead wrong and can be shown to be. We’ve approached an epistemological chasm. It doesn’t matter how many people succumb to covid, 300,000 or 3,000,000, the cons will stick with Trump and Rudy.

11 Likes

Her response is likely ¯_(ツ)_/¯ .

“I know what I was signed up for,” she’ll say.

Sow.

5 Likes

And we go again from the ridiculous to the absurd. These people are freaking bonkers.

4 Likes

This thing is landing on trump and his entire retinue in 43 days.

And it can’t come soon enough.

8 Likes

If I was a SCOTUS justice, I wouldn’t like this at all. But she’s a special kind of snowflake so who knows how she takes it.

9 Likes

They could both use one. But from what I’ve read the typical rehab program is at least 30 days. Of course if you’re on some sort of bender and need to get yourself into some sort of more presentable shape a few days might suffice.

I don’t mean his babbling about covid, since literally nothing he says makes sense. I mean testing positive, going into the hospital, and only staying a few days. Even if you’re asymptomatic you’re supposed to quarantine for much longer.

16 Likes

Okay. Sorry. I misunderstood you. Did he check himself in?

2 Likes

God Trump is so dumb, and Major is even stupider. It’s like they both have no idea how an election is conducted, but even worse how this one was going to be conducted. I mean shit man it was in the newspapers, on the TV, and the internet tubes.
I swear to God there are thousands of not eligible to vote high school students would know this shit.

5 Likes

Who knows? They all live in a Potemkin Village. Giuliani could be dying and we’d hear he’s fine.

Or is he already dead? Er, undead.

8 Likes

Biden keeps on trucking along.

9 Likes

TBH I never did see much about the circumstances of it, or what his condition was or any of that. All a bit murky.

2 Likes

So when the transcript is released it will have warnings before and after that “these are unsubstantiated claim of fraud”. I don’t think anyone can stop a legislator from speaking while they have the floor, and they are not under oath so lying is just fine and dandy.

They only peace we get from Rudy is if he’s comatose, naturally or medically, I don’t care which do you?

3 Likes

If you hadn’t posted it, I’d never have known. And judging by the empty seats, others who might have known will also not know.

2 Likes

You can say that again. All we have are Trump tweets and now “America’s mayor” telling us he’s checking himself out tomorrow.

Are they all pretending to get the virus? These miraculous three day escapes for the likes of overfed, hard drinking, cigar smoking old men are beginning to seem decidedly suspicious.

8 Likes

Not sure I’m a fan. Having retired generals running it is not really the best approach if we’re supposed to have civilian control.

5 Likes

Unlike Walter Reed, Georgetown U is under no pressure to go along with a charade. Though they might be cheerfully willing to kiss his ass goodbye as quickly as possible. Kind of like some schools will move heavan and earth to graduate a dubious student just to be rid of him.

8 Likes

All I can make out of various press accounts was that he was admitted to Georgetown U. Hospital. I’m just assuming that he made the decision to go there. It’s hard not to envision some kind of performance art going on with these guys.

8 Likes

Or he’s checking out AMA in order to continue the legal battles which are falling apart without him there.

5 Likes