AZ GOP Cites ‘Copyright Concerns’ After Deleting Incendiary Rambo Tweet | Talking Points Memo

The Arizona Republican Party on Tuesday said that it took down its incendiary tweet boosting President Trump’s long-shot efforts to challenge President-elect Joe Biden’s legitimate victory in the battleground state due to “copyright concerns.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1348151

So, let me understand this: The AZ GOP is concerned about copyright infringement, but NOT concerned about inciting violence? Sounds like the current state of the Republican party alright!!

24 Likes

The Arizona Republican Party on Tuesday said that it took down its incendiary tweet boosting President Trump’s long-shot efforts to challenge President-elect Joe Biden’s legitimate victory in the battleground state due to “copyright concerns.”

They’re on to something:

They AIN’T Right

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure that was top o’ their list of concerns on that one.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Yeah, make a death threat and then delete it with some mealy-mouthed excuse. I guarantee you everyone involved is a cussy frat boy type who hasn’t thrown a punch since middle school.

19 Likes

giphy

Ho hum! Just another day of more GOP crazy.

11 Likes

Sure they have. When raping a woman.

ETA:
The capacity for violence in men is more apparent to women & children.

9 Likes

So the Az GOP is trying to encourage Trumpers to die for Trump’s fake election claims and a bunch of conspiracy theories?

Yeah ok, have at it. But I feel compelled to point out, you terrible excuses for humans, that people are dying on account of Trump, right now. By incredible numbers.

20 Likes

Death culters gonna Death cult.

7 Likes

“You’re gonna need a bigger glass.”

(h/t Roy Scheider)

15 Likes

Bullshit. They know when they’ve crossed the line.

And Sylvester Stallone is the perfect avatar for these ammosexuals; he spent the Vietnam war hiding in a girl’s school in Switzerland.

12 Likes

"The Republican Party of Arizona condemns all forms of violence in the strongest terms. Fictional movie scenes should be weighed in their proper context,” Henry told the Phoenix New Times in an email. “However, due to concerns about copyright and fair use law, this clip has been removed.”

Can anyone parse WTF that’s supposed to mean, other than “I’m spewing word-salad chaff to distract people”?

The first sentence says violence bad. Second sentence says fictional violence good, but maybe not directly applicable to real world. Third sentence says two apparently contradictory things, because fair use is typically a defense against claims of copyright infringement.

7 Likes

Holy shit!

I dunno, If I were Amy Barrett - Handmaid notwithstanding, I’d think this was very cheeky.

8 Likes

OT: This doesn’t make sense. Neither did the course of Donald Jr.'s illness. :thinking:

13 Likes

This is certainly progress. The G.O.P. has a long history of violating others’ copyrights. Ask any number of musicians whose compositions have been hijacked for Republican rallies.

7 Likes

Including Kelli Ward.

4 Likes

But what does Mr. Barrett think?

4 Likes

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) on Tuesday unleashed a torrent of lies about the election in a speech on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.

5 Likes

Syphilitic scumbags. I have had it with these putrid sonsofbitches.

11 Likes