Audit Backfires! Trumpy Sham ‘Audit’ Counts More Votes For Biden, Drafts Show | Talking Points Memo

After months of overdue ballot tallying and millions of dollars raised by right-wing influencers eager to prove that the 2020 election was stolen, the sham “audit” of Maricopa County, Arizona… asserted that Joe Biden earned more votes than the official result. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1388532
1 Like

Skeeter spins this how?

7 Likes

More people still prefer Joe Biden and Democratic Party policies.

15 Likes

Hmmmmm…after all the doom and gloom and handwringing here at TPM, I would never have expected this:

30 Likes

I’ve only met a few people who work on conducting elections, and they’re wonks. They like their procedures, and they’re earnest. And these positions are not how one climbs the political ladder.

19 Likes

I guess you can’t spell bamboozled without bamboo.

55 Likes

Yeah, but how much time does it spend on setting out “findings” that track the GQP Trump KKKult talking points. I imagine the way to try to save face here and feed the Faux News far right propaganda is to say “yeah sure, we confirmed Biden won, but what’s important here is our findings that all the voting methods that resulted in Biden winning, because they were used so overwhelmingly by Democrats, are sooooooooo very very suspect and insecure and rife with problems and loopholes and opportunities for fraud, that we were able to confirm that it was those methods that resulted in widespread disbelief of the results and lack of confidence in the integrity of the election, so we hereby recommend that those methods never be allowed again.”

15 Likes

Now the GOP liars are proving that they are liars.

What could be next?

Will they prove that they are traitors too?

16 Likes

Joe Biden - not just more evil than you imagine. He’s more evil than you can imagine./s

10 Likes

The last sentence of this article tells you: the REAL fraud is one county over!

10 Likes

So you blame TPM for an apprehension that was based in reality?

Yeah, more GOP spin?

1 Like

OT, but guess who’s a right wing nutjob, so police in TN are refusing to release his name or any information about him…

16 Likes

Mrs darr had a temp job working for our county elections dept in Pima county, AZ. She saw and knew first hand there was no fraud.

32 Likes

So counting the vote is an improper method?

Math is so confusing for some.

13 Likes

LOL, @tena wrote that one.

11 Likes

Typical whenever there is major news like this about Trump’s crimes and lies that Fox is once again running with…“Fear the immigrants”

6 Likes

No no…what I’m saying is that they’ll try to spin gold out of turds here by turning this into an indictment of voting methods like mail-in voting, etc. They’ll say “sure, we proved Biden did in fact win, which is a victory for us, because it should restore confidence in the system, but what’s also important is that we were able to prove that certain voting methods are so inherently suspect that they rightfully undermine confidence in the system, so they should never be used.”

10 Likes

yes, bigly fat win, also too

21 Likes

…and millions of dollars raised…

“We really do appreciate the welfare.”
-Bannon

7 Likes

Damn you! I was just correcting that typo lol…

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available