At Trump’s Doral Club, Vid Showed POTUS Massacring Political And Media Foes | Talking Points Memo

In the same vein, the repulsive Liz Cheney told FoxNews last night that Turkey invaded Syria and started executing Kurds (by decapitation, as the Turks themselves filmed) because—wait for it—the Democrats started the impeachment inquiry.

46 Likes

Sure, because I rarely go off on murderous rages, as tempted as I might be. Other people aren’t quite so inhibited.

9 Likes

We need to start calling these things out for what they are: This is a pro-Trump training video.

8 Likes

Good lord.

10 Likes

This Doral Club keeps proving itself worthy as a venue in which to host the next G7 meeting of world leaders.

21 Likes

“… if you’re afraid you’ll have to overlook it,

Besides you knew the job was dangerous when you took it (puk, ack!)…”

4 Likes

Sure, on the surface it’s cartoonish and over the top (I nod to South Park here) and if it was Eric Cartman’s head rather than potus’ I’d be laughing hysterically (albeit uncomfortably). However, when watching this I was horrified at the intent behind it. This can’t be shrugged off as a bad sense of humor.

9 Likes

This would be free speech, except that it simulates violence against specific individuals or groups. It looks more like a hit list and, as we’ve already seen with Trump, some of his supporters will use it as exactly that.

10 Likes

Gee remember when conservatives threw a fit over Cathy Griffin until she got canned from a bunch of gigs? Wonder where their anger over civility is now?

Oh that’s right, hypocrisy is a feature not a bug of Post Modern Conservatism. They aren’t gonna change, that ship is long gone. What Dems and liberals need to do is hold the MSM accountable for entertaining the disingenuous claims of conservatives when they fain outrage when liberals do it.

19 Likes

I have not thought of Super Chicken in years. Thanks for the earworm!!! LOL!!!

4 Likes

Of course, it is repugnant and it incites violence by deranged MAGAts against the individuals and entities targeted. But, in addition and without denying magnitude of the previous, y’know what I’m struck by? The sheer delusional narcissistic rage-filled unreality of such video fantasies. Yes, deranged people can be incited by this kind of QAnon garbage, and also get their hands on assault rifles, and yes citizens are probably going to die because of it.

But it’s just such childish bullshit. Anybody who would make, watch, or cheer a video like this is a fucking murderous infant whose fantasies are violent in direct inverse proportion to their capacity to function as humans.

CJ SCOTUS: fucking take note of this, Your “Honor.”

14 Likes

Oh, and they are back to criticizing the process. Schiff is holding the depositions behind closed doors which prevents Gaetz, Jordan and the rest from mugging for the cameras.

16 Likes

As repulsive as this video is depicting a president killing all who criticize him, I was more saddened by the young black woman in Fort Worth who was murdered by a cop in her own her house. The cop shot at her from outside the house through a window while she was playing a video game with her nephew without identifying himself within four seconds of telling her to put her hands up.

23 Likes

IOKIYAR, never forget. The MSM makes a lot of money covering these dopes, so they’re not going to step in and require any kind of manners.

4 Likes

And the cop will get off, too. Bet on it.

She should have responded, even though she was in her own house. There was no reason for her not to respond immediately.

ETA: does it seem like TPM is slow to present new stories today? I’m in the midwest and it’s near lunch out east. There’s just this story with today’s dateline on it?

6 Likes

And if in public, it gives their perp buddies an opportunity to synchronise their “stories.”

4 Likes

At some point in the misty future,he will have taken his act much too far…given current indications and tendencies, many of us will be in a gulag by then…or worse.

1 Like

Trump’s constant attacks on Biden seem to be having the effect of strengthening Biden’s support.

New CBS/YouGov poll of South Carolina Democratic voters:

• JoeBiden 43%
  • ElizabethWarren 18%
  • BernieSanders 16%
  • KamalaHarris 7%
  • PeteButtigieg 4%
  • CoryBooker 3%
  • TomSteyer 2%

Everybody else is below 1%.

9 Likes

In bigger news, Fiona Hill (Trump’s former Russia policy advisor) is testifying on Capitol Hill as I type this. She is one of the more underrated witnesses against Trump because she is an eyewitness and a recipient of information from other first hand witnesses as to Trump’s discussions regarding Ukraine and Zelensky. She might also have information about where the full transcript is located and who obtained a copy. If Bolton is hoarding a transcript, he has a duty to disclose that to Congress. I appreciate being the beneficiary of all of his palace knifing, but this is about the Constitution and the rule of law. If Bolton wants to prove he’s a patriot, hand over that transcript.

36 Likes

I suspect Bolton will do it, but only when it benefits him, personally. He doesn’t strike me as a patriot in any sense of the word.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available