At Trump’s Doral Club, Vid Showed POTUS Massacring Political And Media Foes | Talking Points Memo

A recent pro-Trump conference at the President’s Doral, Florida resort included a grim parody video showing the President “killing” political opponents and media outlets.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1255679
1 Like

“All this was inspired by the principle—which is quite true within itself—that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.”
~~ Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf , 1925

53 Likes

Colorable incitement of the dead-ender ‘base’.

11 Likes

Trump is leaving no doubt he will resort to violence, if necessary, to hold on to power. I can both believe and not believe we’ve sunk this low. Democracy is nothing if not about a peaceful transfer of power, something he and his supporters (many of them evangelicals) clearly don’t understand.

ETA: If this was truly done without Trump’s knowledge, of which I’m skeptical, they knew it was just the kind of thing he’d like and condone. Watch what he does as Maddow says. They’ll probably receive a White House invite.

28 Likes

Was reading about this at Political Wire. Meghan McCain is angry, of course.

This is your party, Meghan. Out in the open and in your face.

(No, not that Stephen Miller.)

25 Likes

I didn’t go looking but did see most of this thing. It’s pretty cartoonish, actually, and hard to take all that seriously. I’d like to hear from someone with expertise in stochastic terrorism about how influential and dangerous this is compared to the damn president himself saying flatly at a rally or somewhere that the media are the enemy of the people. As for his third-party denunciations, pre-emptive or a week later, the fact is if someone put the graphic “Trump is really cool guy and smart too” over images of dead puppies he would be very reluctant to condemn it because he seems unable to condemn anything, literally anything complimentary to him. Saying one more time for the Google indexing bots: Donald Trump is mentally ill.

50 Likes

Should change his name.

7 Likes

By implication, this shows how trump supporters believe he sides with the serial killers. They see him as their hero, slaughtering those he dislikes.

Sickening.

37 Likes

Exactly, and because of that kind of things is hard to take trumptard serious. No they do not have legitimate complaints, they are just bad people.

8 Likes

Calling Melania, are you there? Do you care? Or is it really only about what you wear?

31 Likes

But OF COURSE, this is just a ‘joke’, Democrats have no sense of humor and Trump knows nothing about it. Do I have that about right?

22 Likes

That this was even produced just about says it all.

15 Likes

34 Likes

Say it with me now … deplorables! Basketsfull! Binders full of them, to be sure.

32 Likes

A salute to TPM for making the “Enemies List”.

I also hope you have good security in your building, since there are surely more Cesar Sayocs out there.

57 Likes

“The president strongly condemns this video while watching it in bed overandoverandover as he finished his daily bucket of chicken nuggets at 2 a.m.” Grisham said .

29 Likes

That’s the idea make it something that is so ridicules that you can’t take it seriously. However, those that are looking for the OK/go ahead to actually follow through will accept it as orders given.

7 Likes

TPM being included is horrific, but my guess is, in a way, it’s a badge of honor for Marshall’s crew at the same time.

Depicting McCain in the massacre was a very “classy” touch.

All in all, it is so sick, no words describe.

25 Likes

We all know what such bloviating encourages…

3B7375CA00000578-0-image-a-25_1481917616027

25 Likes

I agree, but as the saying goes, “It’s the thought that counts.”

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available