AP: Pence Pleaded For Military To ‘Clear The Capitol’ During Jan. 6 Attack | Talking Points Memo

Exactly. I used that same phrase talking about this with my son.

1 Like

But, but… Benghazi!

Why hasn’t Miller been dragged before a firing squad already? Steven Miller too?

1 Like

They’re being prosecuted because their dear leader wouldn’t bother to pardon them. Suckers.

2 Likes

Of course, racism is a big part of it, but it would have been there anyway. Rs have been walking around with a Divine Right mindset at least since the Reagan Years, and after 2004 they thought it was the beginning of a 1,000 year reign.

‘we got our asses kicked’, ‘win some lose some’, ‘they’re just not that into us’ were never going to be a R response to losing. Full out psychosis was.

5 Likes

I predict that his whining is going to become less and less a thing for them. He’s out of power and can’t help them any more. He’s too lazy to actually go out and stump for anyone, and there is no way he’s going to spend the money it would require for him to travel all over the country doing rallies. Hell, he hasn’t even gotten his plane flight worthy.

He is going to slowly shrivel up and blow away, with or without indictments.

4 Likes

The Con Man was back to bad-mouthing Pence again yesterday at that Republican party meeting with donors.

Pence should challenge the Russian Mafia hood to a duel. I’ll provide the AR 15 machine guns. Maybe we would get lucky and they would spray the entire audience of GOP officials and knock off not only themselves but most of the Republican party leaders? The dotard might agree if he could get a clear shot at all of his 2024 rivals and McConnell?

Biden could make it a global pay-for-view event. That would insure raising enough money worldwide to pay for the last two Covid stimulus bills and the infrastructure bill.

It’s such a ridiculous proposal that I can see the sociopath going for it. Pence does what he’s told.

1 Like

I would have loved watching all those Top 1% types sitting calmly through Trump’s latest tirade yesterday, silently kicking themselves for ever getting involved with this dumbbell. He failed at bringing down our democracy once but you know he will try again…and expect them to finance it.

What do you suppose is next on his list? Sending this domestic terrorists to blow up the Statue of Liberty because it symbolizes the immigration of “low class” peoples, especially those of color and other religions?

I can see the MAGA now trying to get to the island, their pleasure cruisers capsizing in their own wakes as Parks Service sharp shooters picks them off one-by-one.

3 Likes

That may be true and is very similar to my prediction after the election. What is so frustrating and unbelievable is that is isn’t affecting Republican officials or voters in any tangible way I would appreciate. That Chump is wholly discredited, that all of his vile shite dries up and eventually blows away, that he crumbles into the obscurity and infamy that he deserves (with or without indictments) is NOT providing the discrediting and disqualification for his adherents that I require. I suppose it was predictable, that no matter how be-slimed the entire Rwing got from the Chump years…even ending with such tremendous shame and horrendous carnage…they brush it right off. The Civil War, Great Depression, Nixon/Watergate, Reagan, Bush II’s depravity and Great Recession, and now Chump (500k dead and an insurrection led from the WH). The proof is in the pudding, we should never expect an awakening or for any drift towards reality.

2 Likes

He was upset for awhile but he was already wearing his monogrammed Presidential kneepads, so, he’s back to his comfort zone.

2 Likes

This is correct and understated. People around here want to conjure up process and system that is able to withstand bad actors wielding power at the highest levels. That’s fundamentally not how any of this works.

2 Likes

Interesting point. Has he travelled at all since the final flight to Merde Au Lac?

4 Likes

Other than to the golf course, no.

1 Like

Isn’t that the Capitol Police?

Judging by what occurred on January 6, they were clearly not up to the task. Whether that can be rectified with new leadership, better resources, and better training, I can’t answer. I would hate to think we need more militarization in our Capitol, and I don’t think that’s necessarily the answer, but we cannot have a repeat of 1/6. I suppose I’ll leave it in the capable hands of General Honore to make suitable recommendations.

2 Likes

Why hasn’t Christopher Miller come before Congress for questioning about Trump’s instructions for him when the insurrection was planned? What was the reason for Miller, Patel, Cohen-Watnick appointments to DoD except to make sure the DoD would not respond to attack?

Methinks the AP is looking to clear a path for Punce to run in 2024 with crap like this.

1 Like

I don’t think people have made a big enough case about this…or slapped Chump followers around with this fact enough…but Chump never leaves his bubble. He tried a few times back when he went to a ballgame, a WWF event, and finally a Deep South football game looking for a crowd which wouldn’t BOO him out of the place. He never tried again.

He can’t go anywhere unless it can be completely contained and pre-filtered to only allow his Magats access. Now that he isn’t President anymore, and can’t command all the security and other essentials to ‘sterilize’ an area before his arrival…it will be very interesting to see how he is going to manage barnstorming and rallying around the country. He isn’t going to spend his own money to do it, and I don’t know who is going to want to foot that bill, and most municipalities already been burned or know he doesn’t pay bills.

4 Likes

Thank you for these. And yet they still kiss his ass. The depths of cowardice in the modern Republican Party is both stunning and alarming.

1 Like

dictator, I don’t think you are wrong. Trump has gained a lot of fealty during his reign of stupidity and cruelty, but he has also created at least as much hatred for himself. A betting man might put more $$$ on an attempted assasination than on re-election if Trump were stupid enough to run again in 2024.

Trump would be much happier and safer he were to stay in A) Mar-a-Lago poolside, or B) on his Palm Beach golf course. He doesn’t have enough $$$ or Secret Service agents to protect himself in much of the country.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available