AP: Feds Feared Epstein Confidant Might Kill Herself | Talking Points Memo

I have heard reporters pronounce her name gill-AYNE. But then, where she is from the name Raymond Luxury-Yacht is pronounced throatwobbler mangrove.

4 Likes

It’s a French name and VF says it’s Gee-lane, hard G, with I assume emphasis on the second syllable.

@chankot

There’s an excellent podcast by Ariel Levy, a writer for New Yorker called “Broken.” It documents how he helped facilitate the biggest Ponzi scheme before Madoff in the 1980s. Feds knew all about him …

6 Likes

Soon enough her entire identity will be reduced to a number.

2 Likes

Of course not. She’ll die in a hospital, handcuffed to a ventilator.

5 Likes

I don’t give a rat’s patootie how she pronounces her name. I just want her in protective custody in a place where 1) Barr has no access or input, 2) where there are about 10 independent (non-bureau of prisons) 24-hr-day cameras recording and archived every F’ing day.

I really despise AP. Can’t we stop reporting or listening to their garbage? TPM? Are you listening?

3 Likes

Hmm. Clearly, you’re into the sordid Maxwell story more than I am. Who knew a yacht had a nickname. I am mostly up to date on how to pronounce her name, but I’m sure it’s not going to take up space in my brain for any longer than the length of this thread.

2 Likes

Barr has been busy again.

southpaw
@nycsouthpaw

“Mr. Cohen … was stunned when probation officers asked him to sign a document that would have barred him from speaking to reporters or publishing a book during the rest of his sentence, his legal adviser said.”

8 Likes

And this too…

https://www.newsweek.com/jeffrey-epstein-autopsy-photos-raise-questions-nyc-medical-examiner-says-1480548

The past four years is the result of “a perfect storm of screw ups.” :unamused:

5 Likes

This is a fascinating thread - readership here is a fairly sober group and i am VERY slow to buy conspiracy theories but I honestly believe it is quite unlikely Epstein killed himself and there are a LOT of very powerful people across the elite political world who don’t want this woman on any witness stand anywhere. And I want just as much that she should testify fully.

12 Likes

After all this time wouldn’t you think she has the receipts? There isn’t a safe deposit box somewhere with a message…“If anything happens to me, this is where the bodies are burried”? Have I missed the part about the lawyers?

Ol Billy Darth vowing anything of this such is a bad sign for Ghislaine Maxwell’s health.

He is inoculating himself for the news that comes next, where he refuses to take any responsibility.

2 Likes

Well, I hope her paper attire is two-ply. Though it’s more than she deserves, one ply would be just gauche.

1 Like

Of course she won’t die in jail. The courtyard will do just fine.

It’s meant to be sarcastic. As in the second “L” in “Maxwell.” But maybe we on the Left have forgotten how to Laugh!

3 Likes

I would also be interested in finding out where this second autopsy originated from. I had no idea there was but one! Thank you in advance. Edit: Found it farther down the thread. Thank you anyway!

1 Like

ensuring there is adequate protection for Maxwell

Because that’s just the kind of guy BillBarr is.

Yeah…now THATS a fishy story.

And I seriously doubt she ever is. She is going to be buried in the prison system for a very long time. She might cut a deal, but it will involve no actual court testimony and will still net her the majority of whats rest of her natural life.

Barr doesn’t need to kill her. Locking her up can be just as effective for ensuring she never talks.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available