AP: Feds Feared Epstein Confidant Might Kill Herself | Talking Points Memo

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Federal officials were so worried Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime confidant Ghislaine Maxwell might take her own life after her arrest that they took away her clothes and bedsheets and made her wear paper attire while in custody, an official familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319720
1 Like

An Epstein-related suicide? Wow, that would be unprecedented…

26 Likes

The other protocols put in place for Maxwell’s confinement include ensuring that she has a roommate in her cell, that she is monitored and that someone is always with her while she’s behind bars, the official said.

“Hey you! The one with the hacking cough, yeah, you. Meet your new cellie.”

23 Likes

Sowing the seeds…sowing the seeds.

13 Likes

Who could imagine?

4 Likes

[Federal officials were so worried Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime confidant Ghislaine Maxwell might take her own life after her arrest that they took away her clothes and bedsheets and made her wear paper attire while in custody, an official familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.]

“So that’s why she couldn’t tell us anything!”

5 Likes

Feds Feared Epstein Confidant Ghislaine Maxwell Might Kill Herself [wink]

15 Likes

Anyone making a pool on when she string herself up?

2 Likes

They might as well have said she will kill herself on this date at such-and-such time.

9 Likes

Kiss of death,

18 Likes

Like Trump saying “I have full confidence in X” means that X is about to get canned, so too Barr’s vowing Maxwell will not die in jail is a definite “The lady doth protest too much, methinks” statement.

9 Likes

That’s what one of the theories - that Epstein was given the privilege of doing himself in (although the second autopsy says that his injuries point to his being most likely killed by someone else).

Forecast calls for Cloudy, with another “perfect storm of screw ups.”

9 Likes

ICYMI: Trump’s favorite bank and BFF Epstein:

Addendum:

Epstein was a co-defendant in Doe vs Trump case - a rape of a 13 year old.

Note that Doe vs Trump was voluntarily dismissed WITHOUT prejudice because Jane Doe were receiving “numerous threats”.

10 Likes

White House Feared Feds Might Prevent Epstein Confidant Ghislaine Maxwell From Killing Herself

“What have you got to lose?” tweeted Donald Trump

4 Likes

she will ascend to the 9th circle with satin for all eternity. along with these other hyenas. never have I though more of Dantes Inferno then when I review Trump Epstein all of the disgusting people

1 Like

Sounds like they need to serve her head on a platter to the press. Someone has to take the fall. But where there’s a will there’s a way.

1 Like

The novelist and avid angler Thomas McGuane once said, presumably half-jokingly, “If the trout are lost, smash the state.” I’d say fairly seriously that if this woman is found dead we have a president who’s whacking people and we have to be in the streets about it.

19 Likes

Or someone else?

Before this woman is found dead, I hope someone clues us in on how her name is pronounced.

14 Likes

“Attorney General William Barr said his death was the result of the “perfect storm of screw ups.””

Riiiight…one might almost think it wasn’t accidental…

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available