AP: Feds Feared Epstein Confidant Might Kill Herself | Talking Points Memo

In Babylon Berlin, Rath tells Charley his name is Gereon.*
She laughs and asks him if he’s from the Middle Ages.

*a popular saint in Cologne.

1 Like

Any reasonable person is still concerned she might “kill herself” while in the custody of William Barr’s DOJ.

1 Like

Epstein was a risk too. Barr will make sure they take REAL GOOD care of her, as well.

I doubt tRump is up to it. I mean can you seriously imagine him actually planning such a thing?
My money is on Putin or one of the various international oligarchs.

1 Like

So, if the “Feds” are really taking steps to keep Maxwell alive, that suggests to me that they’re not Billy Barr’s “Feds.” They’re SDNY people. Free speculation: was this why Barr wanted to get rid of Berman and replace him with a Barr stooge? Is fat Billy sweating now about what Maxwell might say about the orange monster? Even better, is the orange monster sweating? A fella can hope.

2 Likes

I want some paper outfits.

1 Like

9 Likes

A horrible person, if any of this is true, but, most likely, she won’t live to trial. It’s not like it’s hard to catch Covid in jail these days, so it doesn’t even have to look like suicide or murder.

As in “Mr Cholmondley Warner.”

1 Like

I’m Cologne! I’m Köln! I’m Cologne! I’m Köln! I’m Cologne and I’m Köln! Understand? Or is it too tough for you? Haha seriously one thing I love about Europe is how the Middle Ages is woven through everyday life there.

1 Like

Make mine terry cloth. Been hot AF lately.

1 Like

She may be prone to the same type of suicide as Epstein: The involuntary, assisted kind.

5 Likes

He doesn’t have to plan it. All he has to do is express, however vaguely, a willingness that it be done. “Turbulent priest” is a longstanding precedent. Epstein was in custody and then he was dead. None of us can say how or why it happened.

5 Likes

None of those protocols and safety measures will stop the real threat: a prison employee who knows how to shut down the cameras just long enough to smother her.

“Feds Confident that Feared Epstein Confidant Ghislaine Maxwell Will Kill Herself”.

There, I fixed the typos in the headline.

1 Like

I lean toward a larger conspiracy. These scum got rich by blackmailing richer scum. tRump is just one of the scum.

I’m not a conspiracy nut, but the Russians mastered kompromat decades ago. For instance, we know that Fallwell Jr and his wife were screwing a pool boy. Somehow, tRump met with him in private, and all of a sudden Fallwell came out and supported him. Similar thing with Lindsey (Lady G.) Graham.

There’s no way an incompetent boob like tRump develops the kind of wide ranging intelligence to gather those threads together. But if you assume, as I do, that tRump was himself suborned decades ago (1987?), you also have to assume he is not the only one they’ve been working.

If an effort to compromise rich and influential people is being run against us, those running it would have sophisticated muscle to cut off any loose threads.

2 Likes

she is already dead, the powers that be just haven’t laid her down to rest yet.

Where’s @castor_troy? This should have been meat and drink to him.

1 Like

So basically they are pre-announcing Maxwell’s “suicide”.

2 Likes

She’s alleged to have set up many minors to be raped. I usually consider suicide worthy of prevention. If prosecutors believe she is considering suicide, it is likely because she feels great shame. There are three ways to look at this:

1. She’s a late-learner with regard to morality and is finally learning shame.
  2. She may also be a victim of childhood sexual abuse, in which case her behavior is somewhat understandable while also being reprehensible.
  3. She’s deserving of her own suicide.

When I look at all the lives she’s helped damage or destroy, I could go with any of these three, but I would not mourn her loss if she took her own life. If she was a victim of childhood abuse, I would mourn that.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available