AOC Tells Republicans To Put Up Or Shut Up On Biden Impeachment

Republicans have been privately admitting defeat on their whole bogus impeachment inquiry for some time now. Last week, the New York Times reported that House GOPers have begun plotting a new strategy to save face: sending criminal referrals to the Justice Department against President Biden and those close to him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1483979

Criminal referrals? For what crimes, in particular?

Fictional cat, but a cat nonetheless:

30 Likes

AOC is pretty awesome! Keep hammering those clowns!

40 Likes

Hear, Hear! There is no there there.

29 Likes

Being Democrats.

And making House Republicans look stupid over and over.

33 Likes

Based on the testimony today, I hope the democrats move to request that the DOJ investigate whether Ron Johnson and Pete Sessions failed to register as Russian agents.

53 Likes

They do just fine without any help.

19 Likes

The DOJ should then charge the chair Comer for reporting a false crime. This would stop all this BS going forward.

28 Likes

If the media were in any way liberal AOC would be on TV a lot more.

The base lie of our era.

26 Likes

I think the technical term would be as Foreign Agents under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, or FARA.

That said, while the FARA is a legal requirement for those representing foreign governments, knowingly assisting and abetting foreign espionage I think would fall under a different legal umbrella.

17 Likes

Repubs can not put up and they can not shut up.
They are too Fing stupid to do either.

12 Likes

Hot Wheels may have a problem enforcing Texan Immigration law.

28 Likes

The sad part of it is: House Republicans think they’re owning the Libs with these hearings.

And the sadder part is: It will be reported that way on Media Outlets most likely to be watched by the trailer park set

15 Likes

Didn’t Lev Parnas testify that the entire Biden impeachment inquiry is based on Russian disinformation?

30 Likes

Yup. He said the quiet part out loud. To the chagrin of House Republicans and Fox News.

26 Likes

It makes me wonder if they know what actual evidence is. I remember a while back a friend of mine who is a scientist sat on a county advisory board…I think it was for the county juvenile detention facilities. At one meeting he recommended to the committee that their policies be evidence-based. They were flummoxed and he had to explain what evidence-based meant.

20 Likes

“The story is when this committee knew they were working with falsified evidence”

AOC Nails It Again

Fox knew too

32 Likes

Whatever they manage to come up with, I’m sure it applies at least as much to Jared Kushner. Hint hint

8 Likes

These ignorant motherfuckers have turned governing into fucking performance art stunts. They don’t give a fuck about you, they only care about manipulating their idiot voters.

9 Likes

They actually don’t, not for a huge amount of the population. Sending bogus referrals to the DOJ is actually kind of a genius scumbag move. It gets them off the hook and gives them enough cred with their moron voters that they can say they did all they could (especially effective among voters who don’t know shit from shinola), and simultaneously blame Biden for tanking the prosecutions. Because after all, if they sent a criminal referral there must have been something there, right? See how it all fits together so seamlessly?

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available