Anti-Abortion Activists Fork Over $119k To See Kansas Voters Uphold Abortion Rights Twice

This is a display of RW “rationality” at its finest: pay a couple of hundred grand in order to publicize and validate their loss of a major, high profile referendum that completely undercut the basic credibility of their cause. Just masterful!

This. See my recent post about the 16-year-old girl in Florida

6 Likes

Here in Arizona the Rs wasted some state money and tons of private money to “audit” Maricopa County. As an audit, it was a total bust.

But… folks who supported and still support the audit and the Big Lie are now the R candidates for governor, attorney general, secretary of state, and U.S. senator.

Cui bono? – Each and every one of them.

3 Likes

If these troublemakers would lay off the recount hysteria, I’m sure that would bring voters more peace than anything else. Hope that guy who paid the state of Kansas on his credit card can afford the interest charge!

And the sad stories keep on coming.

5 Likes

One of Gietzen’s credit cards was used to pay a whopping $118,000 for the new recount gambit, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal.

And the CC company won’t be happy when Gietzen initiates a charge back for the cost!

Well, that is alarming indeed, if that’s their view.

1 Like

Works for me.
pile-money-on-fire-260nw-1251353494

1 Like

Just in time for 87,000 newly hired(no comment on training) IRS agents to drag him off to the gulag.

Really, that Brandon guy is devious.

2 Likes

Think of it as a 119k ad buy for MONTHs of coverage and bad takes on multiple national media channels and then it suddenly becomes MUCH cheaper to do this than most any other political purchase. Frankly, it’s a no brainer.

There is no repercussions for repeatedly pulling the democratic equivalent of a fire alarm. And it helps to desensitize people while republicans commit actul fraud.

1 Like

Sometimes, Melissa, the answer is no. No, there was no cheating except your side tried to pull a fast one and it didn’t work.

4 Likes

Most paranoiacs could say same thing.

I suspect their position is less popular than their delusions tell them it is.

4 Likes

Must be!

Like all of these performance art pieces – they do it to gin up the base & collect email data for the next round of grifting.

Imagine if these good “christian” people had donated that $119K to local food banks…

6 Likes

You know, the one thing that made labor bearable was the idea that it had a purpose. I cannot imagine coping with the pain of labor (never mind the indignities of late pregnancy) knowing that the baby was already dead.

4 Likes

“We are just praying for exposure of anything that might have been nefarious and just some answers to put the voters of Kansas at peace,” Leavitt said, per the Kansas Reflector.

Hey asshole, if you want something nefarious, then look in a goddam mirror. Nothing is quite as nefarious as putting women’s decisions about their own bodies and access to healthcare up for a vote and hoping it gets taken away.

1 Like

Nor are they interested in taking care that the fetus be healthy in the womb.

1 Like

Dear VISA,

The audit vote counts I purchased were the wrong size and I returned them immediately.

Please refund the charges before the next election cycle, as I have more work to do.

Mr. Gietzen

4 Likes

I don’t like to mock people’s looks, but THIS is Mark Gietzen. The good thing about him looking like this is that he is very easy to avoid. He doesn’t understand libel and slander well enough for me to joke about why he must be so interested in fetuses.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available