Another Fox Host Tears Into Trump For Complaints About Coverage

Another Fox News personality is pushing back against President Trump’s complaints about the network’s coverage.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1245653

Donnie is isolating himself even from his allies and he will soon become “The Man Without a Country.” We can hope so, anyway…

23 Likes

Aren’t these stories about Fox hosts ripping Trump really smokescreens? They criticize him, but almost all of the coverage parrots the White House line. (I admit that I am commenting based on what I hear–I don’t watch Fix Schmooze. Ever. Not ever.)

15 Likes

Cannibalism has really gotten a bad rap.

19 Likes

Fox is starting to sound like The Gorilla Fight Network. Who doesn’t love the sound of gorillas fighting in the morning?

5 Likes

(Whistles to self cheerfully) :musical_note::notes::musical_note::notes:

22 Likes

There are still some dozen or more islands off of Alaska that we could banish him to, some of them he can see Russia from if he squints.

8 Likes

If they had any respect for the classics, they’d just exclaim, “I’ve created a monster!”

11 Likes

When you’ve lost Neil “Bucket Head” Cavuto you’re in trouble. Lou Dobbs would be the death knell.

14 Likes

This little dance between Fox and Trump is being choreographed nicely. I have to imagine numerous e-mails and phones calls are exchanged daily to keep everyone in step with each other.

10 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of this!

10 Likes

Call balls and strikes.

Time for a panel discussion of the well known phenomena of the variable strike zone. Chief Justice Roberts can be the moderator.

9 Likes

Whistling past the graveyard??

I used to be with a financial advisor. Cavuto was probably the only guy he respected on FN. I like his diatribe against Trump. Clear, concise, didn’t mince words or dance around.

Calling balls and strikes. You betcha. Good job, Neil.

7 Likes

Balls and Strikes. Fair and Balanced. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Everything he said had to be cleared with the White House. Don’t kid yourself otherwise. It’s all a ruse.

4 Likes

I doubt it. I think the entire organization would be genuinely pissed that Trump would be saying, in his crude, stupid way, that they are and must be partisans for him. Their foundational myth is that they and they alone are the “fair and balanced ones,” as opposed to the hopelessly biased MSM. If Trump pulls the curtain back it exposes them as decades-long liars. Last thing they want. Trump’s a loose cannon is all and if you hang around long enough he’ll crush all the bones in your foot.

23 Likes

So Trump attacks Fox News and the Fox folks are fighting back? Yet rhey were deafeingly silent when the attacks were brought against every other news netowr and reporter. Their current arguments are just hollow grandstanding.

6 Likes

Fox News analysts reminded Trump on Twitter that he’s not their employer

Indeed. If anything it’s the other way around. That is, whenever the Quisling of Queens isn’t busy fulfilling Vlad the Inserter’s latest orders.

As an aside, I watched a delightful interview with John Cleese (please, folks, it’s pronounced “cleeze”) last night. When asked if there was anything he still wanted to do in life, Cleese thought for a moment and then, with a look of sheer joy on his face, replied: “Oh, yes! I want to strangle Rupert Murdoch with my bare hands.”

27 Likes

And then there is this Cleese Classic on the nobility of Fox:

Ode to Sean Hannity
by John Cleese

Aping urbanity
Oozing with vanity
Plump as a manatee
Faking humanity
Journalistic calamity
Intellectual inanity
Fox Noise insanity
You’re a profanity
Hannity

28 Likes

Will Hannity, Dobbs, Carlson, Pirro, and Ingraham all move to Sinclair or One America?

Trump’s true ‘fans,’ as he calls them, will watch whatever he tells them to watch. And if there’s deferred, or current, compensation in it for Trump, he’ll switch to a more reliably loyal outlet.

3 Likes