Anonymous DHS IG Staffers Call For Biden To Fire Inspector General Plagued By Controversy - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Milk that for all it’s worth and use it as a lead in

4 Likes

Four legs good, two legs better.

4 Likes

“A government that is accountable” but to whom?? Looking at the way they behave presently those words are lies.
Which scenes were Russia/Ukraine?

4 Likes

Sadly …Mar a Lago’s valuation for hurricane damage insurance is more in the range of the inflated 739 million than the 75 million it is actually worth.
Welcome to “Disaster Capitalism”.

15 Likes

I’m here to tell you, nobody.

The Inspector General Act was passed in 1978 and strengthened (supposedly) subsequently to provide independent oversight of the federal agencies. It has not worked out that way.

In the last 20 years, actual independent IGs have been the exception, not the rule. Most of them basically try to snow everybody that they are doing their job by following tortuous, pedantic procedures of their own invention, and produce reports that are masterpieces of pettifogging and equivocation.

When Trump put even more egregious hacks in place, the thing ceased to be merely dysfunctional and hyper-bureaucratic, and became a reactionary cell that would deliberately bury scandals in their departments.

18 Likes

It was an early morning snack. She was quite satisfied to be in her usual early morning sun greeting spot. I let her “clean the peanut butter jar” prior to recycling it. It was a treat. and she was known to bring the jar back to the kitchen. When I said this dog was intelligent Iwasn’t bragging. We had a basket of toys for her in our living room. She’d select one to play with and she’d show me. Then it was fetch or tug’o war until she was satisfied. Then she’d put the toy back in the basket unbidden. I didn’t hafta ask.
To say I miss her would be a gross understatement. She died in July of 2020

13 Likes

You have been exposed to them as well, I see.

My take was always that they existed to protect the institution. That would occasionally confuse people who presumed they were there to protect management, on the rare occasions when individuals would be held accountable. But always made sense when one realized that they had to occasionally even hit management levels when one became a danger to the institution.

4 Likes

Insurance fraud is frowned upon. Esp. when the concerned party doesn’t pay their bill. Which donald is famous for.

4 Likes

They’ve done that before. I’m almost certain that Fox has presented video of “American street violence” that was actually taken overseas in Europe.

6 Likes

At least one snippet was filmed on the beaches of Normandy, France.

3 Likes

From what I’ve read, the boy with the plane and the oil well are from the Volgograd region in Russia.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve been to something like 50 countries over my life and it seems that a lot of places, …when buildings and people are out of the picture, look very very similar.

7 Likes

Actually will do more harm if the eye passes just to the west.

Fingers crossed.

7 Likes

They’re like the scammers who, using emails and texts with primitive graphics and garbled english, try to scam me by telling me my Pay Pal Account is frozen. Only I haven’t used my PayPal account in over a decade and the Credit Card associated with it has been cancelled for almost as long.

13 Likes

Speaking of hurricanes, look who has their hand out.

12 Likes

Well, isn’t that special, to quote Dan Coates.
Makes sense for Donald, though.

Don’t you just want to ram that face in with a post pounder.

7 Likes

36 miles from my front door to the Fall River entrance, slightly longer via my preferred route through Glen Haven. We were at Bird & Jim last year and were treated to quite the show when a young bull got closer to the herd than the dominant bull thought was appropriate.

3 Likes

Will he be shipping planeloads of Floridians with hurricane damage to Martha’s Vineyard?

(Asking for a claims adjuster.)

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available