American Politics Hit Tilt In One Dangerous Weekend

Armor

5 Likes

Per NPR this morning, there’s always a Secret Service agent one hole ahead of the MFWWNBNH checking the terrain.

25 Likes

If there were only an accurate way to count all of the people whose deaths he is responsible for, including misguided and misinformed COVID victims, the number would be shocking. And he is not even close to done yet. What is going to happen when multiple states and senators refuse to certify the election and he starts bawling that he got cheated again?

22 Likes

I don’t remember Pres. Obama fundraising off the incidents either.

64 Likes

Keep it up donnie and JD… keep shitting on your base. It’s the best way yet to lose an election… which seems to be your intent. I hope you succeed in losing
BIGLY

20 Likes

It looked this morning that WaPo, in its headlines, is being more cautious after yesterday’s “event.”

-Trump safe after potential assassination attempt at golf course

-Trump seeks to rally support after possible second assassination attempt

-What to know about the possible assassination attempt

12 Likes
4 Likes

The NYT was among those to catch Trump’s “slip” during the debate last week: “He used the pronoun ‘we’ to describe some of the rioters, grammatically placing himself among those who have been charged with storming into the Capitol.”

I believe that’s known as a Felonian Slip in the psychiatric parlance.

64 Likes

So far the only problem that JD Vance has been able to highlight that migrants are causing is being black. His crime narrative is false, demonstrably.

18 Likes

Greedy, desperate whores will go to any lengths…

3 Likes

A former Ukrainian official has slammed claims that suspected gunman Ryan Routh had any formal ties to the country’s International Legion, according to a report. Routh, who is currently in custody after allegedly orchestrating the second attempt on Donald Trump’s life in as many months, is reported to have traveled to Ukraine in the weeks following the launch of Vladimir Putin’s invasion in February 2022. An unnamed former official with the International Legion told The Telegraph that Routh gained notoriety within the organization for promising “hundreds of recruits from Afghanistan and Syria that never materialized.” They added that “eccentric” Routh had been “called out a number of times by Legion people,” while the ex-official said they “could smell a mile away that he was full of s–t.” In a statement, the International Legion said Routh had “never been part of, associated with, or linked” to the organization “in any capacity.”

61 Likes

If I were not worried about sounding alarmist and attracting Secret Service attention, I would say the following things:

Trump has a death wish. He’s either hiring people to take near-miss shots at him to make him look heroic for staying in the race, or he’s intentionally putting himself in harm’s way. I cannot otherwise understand why he continues to rabble-rouse in the most hateful ways and expose himself to snipers on the golf course. It just doesn’t smell right.

No sane person wants to hand near-absolute power to such a fountain of hate and delusion. Neither do I believe that we have a fifty-fifty race, even if we just restrict ourselves to the sliver of the electorate in the sliver of the battleground states. Have you ever seen a histogram of separate polling sites all crammed together in a single chart, with a red and a blue pair of smooth “best fit curves” snaking ever closer to each other? I question the expertise and the common sense of the people who produce such images, which are then cited as an authoritative and extremely scary source of information about the state of the race.

Scaring is not caring. Scaring induces panic and interferes with rational thought, without which we go astray.

Having said these things, I am worried about sounding alarmist and attracting Secret Service attention. But a quick AI search will quickly turn up mostly cat photos.

20 Likes

Just because I say something to a group and they laugh…

I bet they laughed because they were worried they would be fired if they failed to laugh.

Musk is terrible.

55 Likes

There’s something wrong with this picture. Donald Trump, his enablers and campaign incite violence against others. In an indiscriminate way… ‘people are angry’, ‘civil war’. They resist gun control. They wave off mass shootings, their victims and the victims’ families. They aren’t particularly concerned with threats to others. Yet Trump, as a former president and a candidate is entitled to Secret Service protection. So, instead of thinking about the rest of the community that doesn’t have 24 hour protection, and trying to figure out how to protect the residents of Springfield from multiple threats, folks kvetch that the Secret Service isn’t doing enough the protect the man who thinks violence is useful.

65 Likes

But what’s the point of living in such a world ?

15 Likes

I’m thinking some like this:

36 Likes

4 Likes

That Sheriff is disturbed.

21 Likes

They weren’t going to do him any good in the backpacks unless he wore them, He’d need one for his head though.

2 Likes

His family wanted their privacy.

1 Like