Alright, What’s Going On With Pillow Man?

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell’s been in legal hot water for a while now, with voting tech firms Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic both suing him earlier this year for defamation over his ceaseless lies about voter fraud.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1433269
1 Like

I don’t know much about “what’s going on with Lindell,” but I know I’m FIRST here!!

23 Likes

“identity theft”

This is the one that made my wonder what that is all about.

34 Likes

I’m second and I have something to say that’s not about the crap pillows guy.

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—In an event that some commentators are calling the day the nation lost its innocence, millions of Americans were stunned to learn yesterday that Donald J. Trump may have committed fraud.

As news of the New York State attorney general’s fraud lawsuit against Trump spread like wildfire across the Internet, Americans expressed shock and incredulity that one of America’s most successful and respected businessmen might have violated his own high ethical standards.

“I’ve been walking around in a state of disbelief all day,” Harland Dorrinson, a barber in Cleveland, said. “He held our nation’s highest office and always conducted himself with such propriety. I hope to God these fraud charges are some kind of mixup.”

Carol Foyler, an insurance agent in Tampa, agreed. “How could he have gotten involved in such shady dealings?” she asked. “He’s a very smart man. For heaven’s sake, he even ran a university!”

Davis Logsdon, a psychology professor at the University of Minnesota, said that it will be important for parents to talk to children who have been traumatized by news of Trump’s legal imbroglio.

“Anecdotally, I’m hearing that kids are taking the news particularly hard,” he said. “They feel as if the rug has been pulled out from under them. If Donald Trump is capable of misleading people, who’s next—Dr. Oz?”

81 Likes

Yes. Perhaps–just speculating here–he had/has access to usernames and passwords to places where election data are stored and he either used them himself or passed them on to someone else?

20 Likes

Remember, his “entire life” was on that phone. :grin: :crazy_face:

26 Likes

My guess is that someone in this clown car must have used a stolen ID or other credentials, maybe just a password, to access the voting machines or the room they were kept in. Does stealing a password count as identity theft?

17 Likes

Easiest thing in the world for Pillow Man to get a replacement phone and download into it from the backup site the contents of the seized phone. And if he says he wasn’t backing up the phone daily, that’s absurd for a device crucial to his businesses. The seized phone SIM would be rendered inoperable as with any replaced phone. It’s not as if the DOJ intends to make calls on the seized phone.

13 Likes

My iPhone is a little bitty computer.

10 Likes

As much as I enjoy mr pillowpusher’s legal jeopardy (and I enjoy it immensely) I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Boebert gets swept up in this mess of the republican’s making.

At any rate, things look pretty awful for lindell and peters so that’s quite satisfying and I’ll savor every minute of seeing it play out.

28 Likes

Best laugh I’ve had in a while. All that’s missing is a character reference from Harvey Weinstein.

27 Likes

“Cushion tycoon,” “pillow seller.” Well played, Cristina!

21 Likes

pillow pitchman, bedding tycoon, pillow merchant, cushion tycoon, pillow seller :joy:

15 Likes

Probably not until the credential is used or attempted to be.

6 Likes

The Pillow Man is a nutjob, proving you do not need to have mental stability to become successful in business (hello Elan Musk).

17 Likes

Why do we constantly have to don the “Shackles of Logic and Reason” every time we have to engage in battle with the free-range lunatics of delirium?

21 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Those in “the biz” call it Cushion Pushin’

23 Likes

I could be misremembering, but I think I recall someone’s ID being used to get the “cyber expert” into the office Peters had a voting machine in.

18 Likes

These lunatics thought they could play the old Fuck Around game forever – to be sure, it was a good grift – without ever having to deal with the Find Out part.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available