Alleged Insurrectionists Indicted For Planning Violence On Jan. 6

Does anyone understand why the third defendant is not being identified?

1 Like

The unidentified people, and higher ups who may very well have aided these truly violent insurrectionists, absolutely know who they are. Perhaps some of them will talk, if only to cut a deal before it all comes out and they are indicted.

To the extent possible, there sure ought to be court orders allowing tracking and recording their communications, even today.

Another important observation: Telegram turned out to be not so secure after all, it seems.

4 Likes

Obstruction of an official proceeding is a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison. Given the violence involved with these losers’ obstruction, my guess is they’ll do around 10 years even if they plead out.

15 Likes

I can live with that…especially if in order to get down to the 10 years, they point the finger at FatAss and his WH Hitler Youth.

5 Likes

They can all point the finger at Trump as their inspiration. That’s not really under dispute. The open question is whether any of them can point the finger at Trump as their co-conspirator, and these losers don’t have anywhere near that level of cachet.

13 Likes

There’s a theft charge. 18 USC 641, Theft of Government Property

4 Likes

Any charges on destruction of government property? Because I want them to pay for the clean up and replacement of damaged/destroyed gov’t property, based on retail not cost.

1 Like

You’re right – I wasn’t precise in what I meant. By “pointing the finger” I actually meant complete with supplying concrete assertions or tangible proof that hasn’t necessarily been picked up as yet via phone, email or other communications.

4 Likes

A few months ago someone took a plea deal that included conspiracy. Hasn’t been sentenced yet that I know of, which makes me think they’ve been cooperating.

4 Likes

Likely because he hasn’t been arrested yet, and may be on the lam.

2 Likes

Standard rollup technique in a mob prosecution.

9 Likes

Did someone let a mosquito into the room? Because I’m hearing a pissy little whine.

4 Likes

You are mistaken. A few dozen people have been charged with conspiracy to obstruct, mostly among the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and Three Percenters. Some have pleaded guilty and are cooperating with prosecutors.

9 Likes

He’ll be identified in the arrest warrant. The indictment mentions “and others” in the telegram chat group. So I think there will be more names to come.

San Fernando valley residents (california). Guess they couldn’t hack it as woodsmen.

O/T - Another Anti-Vax Nutjob goes to meet his maker…
https://www.joemygod.com/2021/11/anti-vax-televangelist-marcus-lamb-dies-of-something

17 Likes

I’m just pointing out the reality. Every day that passes pushes us deeper into a zone Justice won’t go.

The signs have been clear for a while now, Garland will not pursue this. He’s going to help the House investigation but no further.

This will demoralize Americans and Democrats seeking justice for the 6th.

1 Like

Every sentenced defendant has been getting hit with restitution, usually around $1000-$2000.

4 Likes

Less than completely accidental ones.

1 Like

The next to be indicted is the “We’re Going to Washington to Overthrow the Whole Fucking Government” group. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley describe them as “just a bunch of manly men taking a stroll through the Capitol like any other tourists.” Legal experts were divided about whether government would be able to prove intent.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Death Cult, it gets worse here every day
You learn to live like an animal in the Death Cult where we play
If you hunger for what you see you’ll take it eventually You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available