Alleged Assailants In Trump's Arlington Cemetery Fiasco Identified

Originally published at: Alleged Assailants In Trump’s Arlington Cemetery Fiasco Identified

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Drip, Drip, Drip NPR has been leading the pack in the reporting on Trump’s violation of the Arlington National Cemetery rules against political activities. It was the first to report that there had been an…

1 Like

First?

11 Likes

118 Likes

One of the best opening lines in an editorial I’ve ever seen.

The first thing to say about the hate and scorn currently directed at the mainstream US media is that they worked hard to earn it. They’ve done so by failing, repeatedly, determinedly, spectacularly to do their job, which is to maintain their independence, inform the electorate, and speak truth to power…

Last winter, the New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, who has a Nobel prize in economics, told Greg Sargent on the latter’s Daily Blast podcast that when he writes positive pieces about the Biden economy, his editor asks “don’t you want to qualify” it; “aren’t people upset by X, Y and Z and shouldn’t you be acknowledging that?”

[The “everything is too good to be true” approach to Journalism. Why are you even still there, Paul?]

116 Likes

Yup.

59 Likes

All the best people.

20 Likes

It’s fascinating that people who were kicked off the team when there were still “adults” (using that term loosely) at the helm have been welcomed back with open arms. All the best people, indeed.

Caporale, as a deputy campaign manager, is the higher ranking of the two staffers. He used to work for Melania Trump in the White House before he [reportedly] ran into problems with his security clearance and was let go by then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

67 Likes

What asounded me most when I watched the vid-clip of this outrageous babble-rant was the applause at the end. These goofs in the audience — many of them macroeconomists — applauded this!

84 Likes

What do we have for them, Bill? A BRAND NEW CAR!!!

11 Likes

Perhaps even more egregious were Trump’s attacks on migrant children, who he accused of causing “suffering” to American children, according to the columnist.

“Our country is being poisoned,” Trump said. “And your schools and your children are suffering greatly because they’re going into the classrooms, they’re taking the seats and they don’t even speak English.”

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-racism-2669141254/

51 Likes

So much for the criminal ex president’s and the Army’s policy of omerta.

The perps have been identified. The only question that remains is whether the most powerful army in the world will cower like a little bitch when faced with a man that used a made up excuse of bone spurs to avoid military service, wears orange make-up on his face and a dead possum on top of his head (and has a running mate who likes eye liner) and who cannot even walk down a ramp at a West Point graduation.

79 Likes

I was happy to hear Morning Joe really diving into this topic today with Stephanie Ruhl. They were describing TFG’s ridiculous “weaving” when discussing the economy yesterday and compared it with how Kamala would have been roasted by the MSM if she had served up such wilted word salad.

75 Likes

I’m sure it is out of politeness.

23 Likes

I always think of his hair when I hear this word in association to Trump.

33 Likes

The only thing missing from humpty trumpty’s response was a “knibb high football rules” shout out at the end.

And wtf is up with the applause after? How sad a statement on corporate america

74 Likes

Um Tax cut both corporate and personal

37 Likes

So it would seem, nevertheless, a provisional conclusion on my part.

6 Likes

This was highlighted in Heather Cox Richardson’s newsletter as well as a Bulwark comment, but the MSM has normalized it by paraphrasing and dumbing it down. So here’s the mentally ill former guy speaking to a group of economists and other notables in NYC:

<< Well I would do that. And we’re sitting down. You know I was somebody. We had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, that because—look, child care is child care. It’s—couldn’t, you know, it’s something you have to have it—in this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to—but they’ll get used to it very quickly—and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care, that it’s going to take care. We’re going to have—I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people, but we’re going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about Make America Great Again, we have to do it because right now we’re a failing nation, so we’ll take care of it. >>

And here are some of the headlines:

(I see @ralph_vonholst has also highlighted this.)

I hope Josh hammers the coverage of this. I mean, WTF?

81 Likes

I think the next two months will see a more or less constant drip, or perhaps even increasing through trickle to torrent, of bad and embarrassing news for the Dotard-in-Chief (DiC).

After the decades of Republican rat-fucking, it would be fitting for the current administration to unleash a series of October surprises regarding, Russia, Egypt, Arlington National Cemetery, Jan 6, classified documents, and whatever else he has been up to that we aren’t even aware of yet.

58 Likes

Jon Tester has won 3 Senate races in Montana. This will be the toughest race yet. With Manchin retiring in WV, we have no wiggle room in the Senate.

70 Likes