Alleged Assailants In Trump's Arlington Cemetery Fiasco Identified

It’s a crime syndicate. Or a gang. Either answer will do.

35 Likes

Never. Gets. Old.

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

32 Likes

The Mystery of the Pro-Trump Mailer Storm Flooding Dem Mailboxes

For all the back-and-forth on TPM about this issue, there does not seem to be a lot of clarity about the upshot of all this money being spent on indiscriminate mailers in swing states. Does it mean –

1. GOP superPACs are burning money with gross inefficiency, therefore it’s a good thing?
  2. GOP superPACs are so well funded by sinister billionaires that they can alter close races in swing states by shear bulldozing with money, much as the Russian military strategy is to grind out a victory in a war of attrition against Ukraine by raw expenditure of cannon fodder?

Should be be relieved or afraid?

33 Likes

It’s unfortunate that eye-rolling doesn’t make a noise.

36 Likes

Personal anecdote time: My youngest goes to a school that has some migrant kids there. I went in to see their math games presentations last year, and one little girl was a new migrant and didn’t speak English. You know what? She had lots of friends who helped her and played with her. None of them felt she was a burden, and when I went to see her game, I answered her math questions in both English and Spanish to make her feel included.

90 Likes

JD Vance says he laments that school shootings are a ‘fact of life’ and calls for better security | AP News
Yep, Just buy your child a LIFE INSURANCE POLICY WHEN THEY ENTER SCHOOL SO YOU CAN BURY THEM

80 Likes

23 Likes

Mr. JD Vance, please note:

DEAR ABBY: My adult daughters often ask me to watch the grandchildren. One daughter lives two hours away, the other here in my town. I don’t mind weekends and days off, but the local one has now asked me to stay at her house on Sunday nights and help her with the baby in the morning.

I work full time in an extremely demanding job, which she insists is “simple.” When I get up in the morning, I have to get ready for work, eat breakfast and start at 8 a.m. Her request that I stay on a Sunday night turned into me feeding the baby in the morning, so I told her it’s too much on workdays. Now she’s angry with me, and I am very depressed about it.

I am 68. I went back to work at the age of 60 because a change in my husband’s industry cut his income severely. She can’t seem to understand why this is too much for me. As for me, I can’t understand why she would expect this of me on a workday. My job requires me to leave what I’m doing at times and travel immediately to handle an issue. Please advise. – IN DEMAND IN ALABAMA

DEAR IN DEMAND: Taking care of a small child is a favor; it is not mandatory, even if the child is a grandchild. Your only mistake was in agreeing to stay over on a Sunday night rather than get a good rest in your own bed to prepare for the workweek. At your age, you must protect your health. That’s why it’s so important you stop allowing your daughter to make you feel guilty about putting a stop to the Sunday night sleepovers.

59 Likes

56 Likes

Damn, I thought it was Lewandowski for sure. Lesser cretins, same M.O.

64 Likes

One of two segments that Morning Joe did on TFG’s weaving. The second segment included Andrew Ross Sorkin who related a story about an earlier word vomit on the economy. He said initially, corporate leaders were telling him it was incoherent, but after the media started reporting on the event and “sane washed” TFG’s comments, other corporate leaders started telling him what great insights TFG had related.

35 Likes

The coverage is barren. Josh, no doubt, will flesh it out, but when all is said and done, it’s barren.

17 Likes

Bad headlines and buried ledes. That’s how we generate income in a click-based economy

8 Likes

Brotégés?

39 Likes

45 Likes

https://archive.is/TmAqf

Donald Trump
’s campaign launched a “don’t believe your lying ears” defense of his running mate JD Vance for calling school shootings “a fact of life.”

The vice-presidential candidate offered the staggering description the day after a 14-year-old given an AR rifle by his father allegedly murdered two teachers and two students and wounded dozens more at his high school.

44 Likes

Good question

36 Likes

@daveminnj
Click through to read the Guardian article. It’s what I was trying to say yesterday, only much better.

7 Likes

58 Likes

He was a good kid, he had just killed his first deer.

(archive) https://archive.ph/SLLTB

26 Likes