Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Helped Soothe Paul Gosar’s Fears About The House Speaker Vote - TPM – Talking Points Memo

An interesting scene played out on the House floor as roll call voting was underway in the speaker’s race on Tuesday afternoon. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) were spotted by cameras having a friendly conversation. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1443895
1 Like

Gosar is one seriously weird (and creepy) dude.

81 Likes

Over under on votes? Over or under 8 votes…

3 Likes

Paul Gosar taking a reality check from AOC. Well wonders never cease.

50 Likes

The only reason I can think of for why Democrats would leave and help McCarthy out by lowering the number of votes he needs is that they ran out of popcorn and went out to get more.

41 Likes

“Gosar is no stranger to rumors and off-base theories.” “No stranger”? More like a really, really intimate pal of rumors and off-base theories, and not in a good way, if you know what I mean. This is a dude who texted Mark Meadows, the Chief of Staff of the President of the United States, with evidence about voter fraud that he, Gosar, had found on a blog called “Some bitch told me.”

Our media has failed utterly to capture the sheer barking madness of the American right since 2016. I admire and respect TPM deeply, and came here in the first place (and keep coming) 'cuz they were reporting on stuff in the Bush admin that the MSM wouldn’t touch. But even TPM is not quite up to it.

42 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I’m counting days. A while back I predicted 2-5 days of letting mcarshmallow twist in the wind before finally electing him speaker.

13 Likes

I predict that sometime around midnight when the Dems feel that Qev has been sufficiently humiliated by the MAGAts then enough will vote ‘Present’ to give him a one vote victory thus ensuring his soon-to-be failure.

6 Likes

Speaking of which, it’s now after 5pm. Anyone know how long the House Clerk will or is permitted to keep the election going before shutting down for the night?

15 Likes

I’m amazed that these turds have the bandwidth to monitor their twitter accounts while supposedly tackling an impossible workload for drafting/reviewing/voting on laws. That goes double for old turds that I would hope are out of touch enough that they don’t care about their twitter clout.

4 Likes

Don’t know number of votes, but I predict we end the day without a Speaker of the House.

18 Likes

There will NEVER be enough humiliation for Qevin and the rest of the Goopers. They will NEVER be able to do anything, other than investigate Hunter Biden’s laptop – and even that is up for debate. His speakership is dead in the water, and the sooner he accepts that, the sooner Gym Shorts will be Speaker (and would probably have to abandon his wet dream of chairing the Judiciary Committee).

16 Likes

But why? The thing that serves Democrats the best is to vote 212 unfailingly for Hakeem.
This must remain a problem only for Republicans.

74 Likes

I think that it speaks well to AOC’s character that she is willing to talk to this lunatic.

51 Likes

After midnight
We’re gonna let it all hang out
After midnight
We’re gonna chug-a-lug and shout
We’re gonna 'cause talk and suspicion
Give an exhibition
Find out what it is all about

8 Likes

Scalise

3 Likes

It’s a toss up between gosar and tom cotton for which of these psychopaths have the deadest eyes. Just creepy.

18 Likes

I saw that as I was watching C-SPAN and wondered mightily. I also wondered, not for the first time, what is wrong with Gosar’s neck – his head lolls in odd directions, perhaps reflecting his mind.

12 Likes

Absolutely. A day where the GOP House cannot do anything is like a day with sunshine.

46 Likes