Alabama GOP Leader Says He Wants More COVID-19 Cases In Order To Build ‘Immunity’

He should be forced to attend every Covid-19 funeral in his state and wear a sandwich board with his ideas printed on it.

3 Likes

Well said. Who remembers small pox parties? Amiright?

2 Likes

These people are literally praying for a racial holocaust. They know perfectly well that POC, particularly African Americans, are at far greater risk of dying from Covid and really wouldn’t mind “thinning the herd” there a bit, even if it means sacrificing some old folks along the way. The GOP is the party of bitter white people, so until that demographic starts getting hit by the pandemic in the same way as minority communities, their attitude is going to be: “quite frankly, I can see a silver lining here…” That’s certainly how Trump and Miller are looking at it.

1 Like

9% of resolved cases, not 9% of all cases. Currently (as of yesterday) 3,246,767 total cases of which 1,564,863 have been resolved, 1,428,749 (91%) recovered and 136,114 (9%) have died.

2 Likes

How would this work out if immunity only lasts a few months?

I want every last one of you motherfuckers who advocate the myth of herd immunity to voluntarily get COVID yourselves right now and fulfill your fucking fantasy.

Quit trying to kill us - go ahead and kill yourself soonest.

4 Likes

Even better - At least one member of the Central Park 5 helped paint the street.

https://www.democraticunderground.org/100213723911

4 Likes

I wish I could find the link, but I saw one article a few months ago that said the antibody response might depend on age. Essentially, the article summarized a study that said the initial response may be T-cell based. If T-cells aren’t enough, then an antibody response kicks into gear.

2 Likes

How would it work if there isn’t any immunity at all?

There is no immunity that a nasal coronavirus head cold confers - you can pass one back and forth for infinity.

They don’t know if there is immunity to this virus. It would be an experiment with all of us as the lab rats. When they tried this in Sweden people died by thousands and they had to apologize.

poorly.

Don’t mince your words.

Don’t worry. This whole thing makes me furious.

1 Like

I see now where you get the 9%, but I still think it’s an overestimate.

First, that resolved-cases calculation combines the more recent low death rate with the April horrors in the NYC area. That death rate in NYC was partly the hospitals being slammed, which will happen again - is starting to happen again - in other places as they let the infection spread widely.

But it was partly the newness of the infection. By now, we have better information on how to use ventilators, how to use pronation, etc.

Even if FL, TX, AZ, etc. have failed to learn from NY on controlling the infection, they’re likely to learn from us on treatment.

Lastly, there’s the issue of undiscovered cases.

The numerator of the closed-cases calculation is probably missing some Covid deaths.

But the denominator much more likely includes lots of infections that are uncounted because the person has no symptoms, or are reluctant to get tested, or they find that testing is not available to them.

So there are lots of people who got infected - and maybe sick and recovered - who aren’t in the denominator of the closed-cases number.

We have but our death rate is rising, regardless. Furthermore there are long term damages done to the body by the infection.

I read an account by a forensic doctor this morning who has done autopsies on COVID deaths - there have been blood clots in every organ. It may cause brain damage.

You don’t just get it and get over it. You have lasting damage to your body - this whole thing is a gross fucking lie by people who don’t want to do anything to save lives.

1 Like

So the thing about ‘herd immunity’ is that it only applies to diseases you can’t get again.

And the word on Covid is that antibodies don’t last, so they can put this manure back with the rest from their herd, y’heard?

2 Likes

Yes but the death rate during those April horrors was 20%. The mortality rate can’t get the benefit of computing against unresolved cases. The question that has to be answered is once infected, what is your expectation of death. Right now that’s running at 9%. It may continue to fall but how far and how quickly is subject to several unknowable factors, And that if conditions in the care system continue deteriorate because of the flood of new cases then it is likely to rise. Any final mortality rate above 2% puts you in rare company and not in a good way.

That’s ok they think babies are the world’s greatest birth control down there too.

Fuck these herd immunity murderers.

1 Like

Sadly, I think this idiot might get his wish. More cases, but no “herd immunity”.

I for one will be crawling over broken glass and/or swimming the Covid Sea to vote for Doug and for Joe. BTW Del Marsh is one of the legislative heroes that were trying to gut state ethics laws last year. He has also tangled with Memaw Ivey and has come out the worse for wear. Hopefully this has limited his influence at least to some extent.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available