After Trump Campaign Hack, Experts Warn Of 2016 Redux

Originally published at: After Trump Campaign Hack, Experts Warn Of 2016 Redux

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. ‘Buckle Up’ We’ve entered the mean season for the dark arts: foreign influence, computer hacks, and disinformation. The question is whether we’re any better prepared to withstand them than we were in 2016. The outlook…

2 Likes

Thanks for the hacking timeline. Buckle up, indeed.

66 Likes

Requisite cation.

32 Likes

July 9 : In a briefing with reporters, U.S. intel officials declare Russia the “preeminent threat” to U.S. election security in 2024 and characterize Iran as a “chaos agent” without a specific preference in this election.”

At least the Russians aren’t storming the Capitol. If we knew they were coming we’d have to throw around a few bicycle rack barricades and put up some “No Gallows Here” signs. At least the National Guard and military could watch it all on CCTV while people dithered as to what to do about it.

29 Likes

CATz!

55 Likes

OT: Who’dda thunk the offspring of elite families needed the protections afforded to more generally recognized ethnic minorities?
It sounds almost MAGA:

33 Likes

I sincerely hope CF Vance keeps on doing interviews, the more the merrier.

64 Likes

Grind them into the dirt. GOTV.

65 Likes

I don’t support hacking by anybody.

But let me say to the Trump campaign: Karma is a bitch, isn’t it?

“Russia, if you’re listening …”

77 Likes

115 Likes

Go for the Triple Crown - White House, Senate, House of Representatives.

65 Likes

Arkansas near the Buffalo National River

92 Likes

Amber waves of plastic garbage.

47 Likes

Well, that’s a group that has, traditionally suffered occasional programs pogroms, and such. Consider the French Revolution of the late 18th Century… they were all but wiped out in France. I mean, if you can’t feel sympathy for the landed gentry… then I’m forced to ask: What? Are you a freaking COMMUNIST?

38 Likes

So Vance told an interviewer this weekend that the “people with children should get more votes” was just a thought experiment.

You know, like something from Frankenstein’s lab.

56 Likes

HaRRis CHEats. FAke raLLY just AI. PROOF!

89 Likes

A little paranoia is healthy.
Trust nothing.

Without 2-factor authentication.

15 Likes

And then the Supreme Court.

60 Likes

41 Likes

OT: The Swiftboating of Walz continues over at Daily Beast:

Note that the “ex-battalion leader” actually only started after Walz had been retired for a number of months. Headline makes it sound like Walz worked under him. Because, of course.

Wonder how much $$$ this guy got for this stupidly misleading contribution…

96 Likes