Admin Preps Redacted Whistleblower Complaint For Congress

The Trump administration is preparing to release a redacted version of the DNI whistleblower complaint to Congress to quash the growing calls for President Donald Trump’s impeachment, and to assuage lawmakers angry at the blatant disregard for oversight law.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1251128

Don’t really care to see yet another redacted report from your maladministration.
Signed,
We the People

50 Likes

You thought Barr muddied the water with the bullshit before the Mueller report?
Here hold my beer.

47 Likes

What’s hilarious is that they think, hope that this is going to get rid of the controversy. It’s just going to make it worse!

41 Likes

But of course it would be redacted.

Not one single one of us expected that the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth would be served up by this band of criminals.

42 Likes

the redacted version contains just two words - Biden and corruption.

25 Likes

14 Likes

A wonderful analogy

I’d love to have them release a phony reacted version and then have the WB show up and fill in all the gory details.
The redacted version of the Mueller report worked for them so far so why wouldn’t they try it with the WB complaint?

11 Likes

The coverup
always the coverup
With Donnie. Every time he opens his mouth It’s like playing Whack-A-Mole

19 Likes

How many ways are there to spell coverup? And it’s not going to work!:crazy_face::smirk::smiley:

11 Likes

Yeah. This is the Barr playbook (which itself is entirely consistent with Putin-style #deza/disinformation techniques): put out a competing/bowdlerized version, obfuscate the obvious alterations by harrumphing in front of a gullible TV media, create enough confusion that enough of the voters give up and conclude that “truth is not knowable.”

I don’t think it’s going to work.

31 Likes

I hope it doesn’t. This is why the WB has to speak before Congress in person.
@zillacop

9 Likes

ttump’s getting desperate. Will he throw Barr under the bus to save himself?

4 Likes

Another attempt to “Bill Barr” the truth.
They are simply trying to seize control of the narrative here just like they did with the Mueller Report, counting on the lazy and feckless MSM to do their dirty work for them.

23 Likes

Roy Cohns don’t grow on trees.

12 Likes

Me either
The Senate voted 100-0 to release the report

8 Likes

Pelosi should say in public that Congress won’t even look at the redacted complaint; Congress and the American people will settle for nothing less than the full complaint and testimony from the whistleblower. Impeachment full steam ahead. Enough dicking around.

32 Likes

Waiting for the One Word Answer: Yes.

2 Likes

Nope. If Barr has done nothing else, he’s already got Mob-style cutouts in place. Barr will skate. Trump will go to jail, unless he’s able to extort blanket pardon from Pence, a la Nixon/Ford.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available