Adams On Mask Messaging | Talking Points Memo

And he’s screwing that up by not wearing as he should over his nose and mouth.
See @skeptical 's post at around #100. I would repost it but discobot …our bot overlord would have a conniption over it and post a scolding to me. Our overlord bot who watches and reads all we post and passes judgement here and there and will scold you for three posts in a row or a third back and forth with another poster. Apparently 3 posts out of 126 is too many for us peons to post in a row. As you can see I have no love for discobot.

3 Likes

Bravi tutti!

2 Likes

Si.

I loved it and also wondered why we can’t throw water and eggs on our politicians.

2 Likes

Sure, confusion is a response, but not the end. Becoming “awake” involves seeing our confusion clearly, and taking the next thoughtful steps. I’m not sure these people are capable of taking that next, extra step.

1. Trump wore the mask incorrectly (under his nose) during some portion of that visit

2. Trump emphasized that he was wearing the mask because it was an “appropriate environment” (a hospital), thereby implying wearing one anywhere else was unnecessary.

4 Likes

I think that’s about when I went from “a home-made mask isn’t a patch on an n95 so what’s the point?” To “ohhh shit. You can be contagious before you know you’re sick. A home-made mask will definitely keep you from getting other people sick if you’ve got it and don’t know yet”

1 Like

What an effing idiot. This is malicious, criminal, and immoral. He’s clueless, and he doesn’t care. Maybe he could borrow a XXXL Husky size of his 3rd wife’s “I don’t care, do U” coat. And wear that over his entire face.

2 Likes

“We’re trying to correct that messaging,” Adams said. “But it’s very hard to do.”

Jerome “Messaging is Hard” Adams strikes again!

A true clown. Yes, the sturgeon general is a limp fish.

I don’t see why Nappy Face* Donald should wear a nappy on his anus dentata (he doesn’t use it to cover his orange nose). After all, shoving your turd head up your capacious arse is like wearing a mask already.

* Trump’s biggest fear: In his pathetic and weird looking glass he looks like a sissy. He has been terrified that someone would see him wearing a “nappy” on his face and mock him. He is not even a three-year-old. Poor liddle Nappy Donald.

1 Like

It’s my rule for cooking. If I need to wash my hands, a dish gets washed at the same time. Does wonders in keeping the mess down.

1 Like

most insightful, troth

Need he be reminded that these incompetent dopes were IN CHARGE of the messages that people found so very hard? They have had months to get this right and have fallen woefully short…the worst is ahead of us,with or with out the buy in by this criminal administration.

1 Like

Trump needs to wear a mask at all times in public, he needs to require it of all Federal employees, and he needs to tell his followers to do the same.

1 Like

My tale. I have asthma/copd and I had a flare-up. But this time with a bad, unrelenting cough (which I never have). I knew I didn’t have covid, but doc said go get the test and have the urgent care doc listen to your chest for pneumonia. Tested negative on all counts, but I got some great code in cough syrup that did the trick. Reassuring, but in the meantime I spent 2 friggin’ hours in a facility potentially exposed because they test for covid there (and there were most likely people there who had it). Oy!

1 Like

Yup. Here’s a photo of two of them together…

Or, not to be too macabre, we need to calculate what percentage of them need to die out so they fall below the required percentage of the population.

Hey, I’m just doing math over here… :nerd_face:

In March there was plenty of reason to wear masks to protect from symptomatic people who aren’t taking care of themselves, just as there is now, as well as to prevent asymptomatic transmission. It was always a good idea. Lots of people try to push themselves to work when sick. It was a no brainer. The only reason it wasn’t policy is because there was no PPE, and if people were in an panic it might have pissed them off. How does an electioneering president hurt the country? Let me count the ways.

They remain very open to new programming from their leader:

1 Like

In our household we are starting to refer to it as The Desolation of Trump

I don’t think this has been stressed enough. I really fault the administration for the lack of PSAs in this crisis. …of course that fault is just one of dozens…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available