Abbott Warns Texas’ COVID-19 Numbers Are ‘Going To Look Worse’ Next Week

That’s Trump’s go to excuse when his taxes are the topic of discussion.
But trying to pick through the Trump gibberish, it is interesting to me that the head of Trump Organization does’t know if he signed a deal on his taxes or not. This is the one subject that Fred schooled him in well, divert, deny, and keep hidden.

7 Likes

Gov doesnt pass the test for being a Republican. How dare he not get his facts from Trump/FOX, like other Rs.

1 Like

Its too late for masks alone to stem the tide. TX needs to shut down again AND implement mandatory mask wearing.

Otherwise, it won’t be just next week looking worse, but next month(s?) too.

20 Likes

On the early reopening of states: Abbott got it wrong. Ducey got it wrong. DeSantis got it wrong. And not one of them has the decency or humanity to step to the podium and admit their errors and offer an apology. The self-righteousness and arrogance is stunning…and deadly.

34 Likes

Trump has picked up on the “Fauci said don’t wear a mask” meme. I’ve not seen any pushback on this, when in fact the main factor in that advice was the Jared-led effort to confiscate and monetize the PPE supply. Fauci feared that recommending masking for everyone would exacerbate the shortage. Yet another failure due to this administration’s epic incompetence and malevolence.

5 Likes

Abbott, you built this motherfucker. May you die a slow suffocating death.

10 Likes

I don’t know who pissed me off the most the governors you mentioned or the governors who wouldn’t lead, for example the governors of NE, SD, or IA. There’s this strange mixture of personal responsibility, but not enforcement of life saving measures, insistence on life saving measures when the outbreaks in the meat packing facilities in their states spread outwards.

12 Likes

ljb860, that’s absolutely right.

Governor Abbot is asking people who need medical help not to seek it. Texans will be dying in their homes for the next month, and their bodies might not get discovered for weeks after.

We have taken the worst dimensions of the pandemic in Spain and Italy and made them even worse.

Texas Pride. Yeehaw.

Last word - Florida and Georgia, this is your future.

13 Likes

Don’t republicans make you feel like Nostradamus though?

6 Likes

Ding, ding!
The lack of national response from the Trump maladministration is why we are where we are. The failure to coordinate manufacturing of essential PPE and testing supplies, the insistence that this “will all disappear this summer”. “the virus will go away when summer comes”, and magical thinking is not going save lives or the economy.

11 Likes

ICYMI: From TX Medical Association

Just a refresher…in March Tx Lt Gov says: KAG (Kill American Geriatrics) for Wallstreet!

Hey Trumpian Abbott…Are you happy that your Lt Gov’s solution is going to happen next week?

12 Likes

19 Likes

Stupid MFer proclaims such that he is to the world.

2 Likes

“I gotta tell you, I think the numbers are going to look worse as we go into next week,” Abbott said . . . On Tuesday, the Texas Department of State Health Services tweeted that “there has never been a higher risk of getting COVID-19 in Texas.”

But, what the heck? Let’s get those schools open and expose the entire herd community on a daily basis!

10 Likes

Now for a break in the constant tRump created anxiety:
Enjoy-especially if you liked Hamilton.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279494468442312705

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279497925559631873

3 Likes

You stupid fuck.
If you listen to Trump, you would stop testing so COVID-19 would disappear.

7 Likes

Toss in De Santis and Douchey. Fux News while we’re at it.

2 Likes

The percentage of positive tests is appalling. It’s not going to worse just next week, but for a long time. And too damn bad he didn’t think about those needed hospital beds while he was setting the stage for the surge. I bet he takes no responsibility for any of it.

9 Likes

So I guess all that bravado and exclamations about how the virus isn’t a big deal and it’s a hoax and all the other nonsense this guy spouted a month or more ago is coming home to roost.

I hope the remaining voters in Texas get the message about this idiot and his Lt. Gov and vote them out at the next opportunity.

11 Likes

That’s an improvement, but still not low enough to make me think some Americans have bought a clue yet.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available