Abbott Warns Texas’ COVID-19 Numbers Are ‘Going To Look Worse’ Next Week

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) issued a grim warning on Thursday night as COVID-19 caseload continue to skyrocket in his state.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319747

When this is over and there’s mass vaccination, I want Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick indicted for thousands of counts of negligent homicide.

75 Likes

“The only strategy we have to prevent that from happening is by everybody wearing a mask.”

I’ve been screaming this like… forever.

And, what dr coyote said.

37 Likes

I agree, Dr. Cee.

12 Likes

And no one saw this eventuality coming?

Sad!

18 Likes

Don’t worry Greg The Stable Genius has a plan…maybe

18 Likes

Completely avoidable tragedy IMO.

17 Likes

“I gotta tell you, I think the numbers are going to look worse as we go into next week,” Abbott said during an interview on local Fox News affiliate FOX 26. “And we need to make sure that there’s going to be plenty of hospital beds available in the Houston area.”

So, is he suggesting medical administrators wave a magic wand?

15 Likes

Lt Gov Dan Patrick is ecstatic that this is perfect for reopening schools.

18 Likes

A friend sent me a YouTube link from a Dr(?) Kelly Victory totally debunking wearing masks. I had a hard time trying to come up with a cordial response that wouldn’t blow a 45 year friendship. It made me see them in a way I hadn’t seen before.

36 Likes

During Trump’s second term he’ll award each the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and one of them will be Pence’s running mate in 2024, with the other becoming Secretary of State.

1 Like

Our children must be warriors, also.

5 Likes

Not one ounce of shame do these people have…they spent MONTHS pointing the finger at states like Washington and NY about the ‘hoax’ and now that it’s hit THEM they spend all their time predicting ‘it’s gonna get WORSE’ and somehow they always KNEW that could happen so help THEM and send those kiddies to school!

20 Likes
30 Likes

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1281521482091249664

16 Likes

Nope, he wants those that are currently occupying those beds to be discharged and/or to occupy a spot at the morgue. Ready or not here they come.

10 Likes

Yup, this. Buy stock in formaldehyde suppliers and pine box manufacturers.

1 Like

At least Governor Abbott recognizes some facts, unlike the Don.

8 Likes

Not just that but those local areas that were even trying were shut down. See
@pablointhegazebo comment re: Latino Starr county…

6 Likes

I just tell them
It’s unfortunate that you are willing to risk the health of your family and friends over this issue.
If you are wrong you may cause the death of someone close to you
I find it difficult to believe that not wearing a mask is a risk you are willing to take

22 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available