A Turning Point In America’s Cold Civil War … If We’re Lucky

Eventually … maybe years from now… we will have the day’s news not consumed by trump. I hope to live to see a “normal” day’s news and for trump to be a prison convict and just no more than a footnote in passing.

20 Likes

Whatever good Billy Graham may have done in his life is largely erased by his fathering Franklin.

37 Likes

First, get rid of the useless turd Dick Durbin.

You know the problem is that I’m not rejoicing. I feel like we just won a battle, but the war is not over and we’ll have to keep doing this over and over again, with an opponent that gets more and more desperate and eager to harm us and anyone else who won’t yield to their whim. This was a sad victory for our ideals, one that had we actually held those ideas wouldn’t need to have been fought.

47 Likes

That he is 78 should be a Democratic talking point ad nauseam. Drum it into people’s heads that the difference in age is approaching negligible.

15 Likes

Duh…their every accusation is a confession. Who the fuck did anyone think was running this kkkristofascist plutocratic circus anyway if it wasn’t a select group of oligarchs?

I feel no shame in saying this both figuratively and literally: THE. OLIGARCHY. MUST. DIE.

Perhaps if we get around to the figurative part, the literal part won’t be necessary, but history proves that hoping for that would be a hilarious self-delusion.

23 Likes

Petition Kathy Hochul? Good luck with that.

11 Likes

Since he won’t have his phone, we may never know.

11 Likes

Roosevelt had no use for De Gaulle as well.

15 Likes

I was taking a break in my final club between 60th (gasp!) reunion events and sipping a glass of wine when I became aware that the staff had the small tv in the kitchen on and were excitedly high-fiving each other. When I discovered what was going on, I had them pour me a flute of champagne :champagne:

48 Likes

The Trump-Kushner Crime Family…

13 Likes

34 Likes

This is fatuous twaddle.

82 Likes

IIUC, the civil case wouldn’t be factored in but his contempt and abuse of the gag order could be. I’ll beat this horse to death, but I’m hoping for a suspended prison sentence for now and incarceration after the election for violating the terms of the sentence.

Perhaps @txlawyer can set me straight if I misunderstand any of this.

12 Likes

Wait just a minute here… now trump is a janitor?? WTF is going on???

12 Likes

I hear you, but I think it’s mentally healthy to be happy and celebrate the good moments. This took a lot of work to make happen. But the work continues.

34 Likes

Excellent. You always think outside the box!

16 Likes

Beautiful and moving. TY, DK.

17 Likes

He only has to convince Judge Merchan. If what’s past is prologue, the odds are rather stacked against him.

6 Likes

You know what the SCOTUS says about Republican conflict of interest and corruption - “Fuck off, quit wasting our time. We have rights to take away.”

17 Likes