A Quick And Dirty Guide To SCOTUS Malarkey In The Trump Immunity Case

In some cases, ‘w’ is pronounced just like ‘wh,’ such as the ‘w’ in “Mrs. Wiggins.”

3 Likes

That does not make you the sympathetic associate in the analogy.

1 Like

Yes, I did. But I really don’t talk that way. It’s just sort of fun to do once in a while. Many British expressions make me chuckle. In order to get licenses in Italy, we had to pass written and driving tests. The official manuals we had to study were written in British English. We had to translate that first in order to understand it. Examples: dual carriageways, articulated lorries, people carriers, flyovers, level crossings, verge, indicators, zebra crossings…and many more.

3 Likes

“You betcha!”

2 Likes

I work with a lot of Brits. Consequently, I use “whilst” quite often. I also use “amongst” a lot. I’m not sure if that’s a British variant, but my spell checker always complains whenever I type it.

3 Likes

Did you have different mothers during different phases of your life?

2 Likes

Don’t forget sanction.

1 Like

Like, when “sweet” Chiselin’ Trump recognizes her and says “Hello, Marjorie” to her?

2 Likes

Nobody lives there anymore. It’s too crowded.

(h/t to Yogi Berra)

4 Likes

Are we gonna have to deal with two assholes claiming that the November election was rigged?

5 Likes

God damnit, @discobot.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Did he not want his wife and kids to be with him in his afterlife?

2 Likes

Did you misspell “ruining?”

2 Likes

High ranking Vikings did want some female company in the afterlife, so besides the warriors arms they threw a few maids and some jars of mead for good measure.

2 Likes

Justice Roberts could be presiding in Atlanta during a Biden second term. The easiest way is to: 1) Dems win both House and Senate, 2) Dems can the filibuster, and 3) Dems pass an update to the Judiciary Act promoting all Justices 65 and above to Senior Status AND making EVERY Appelate Judge a SCOTUS Justice. Each year a new batch if 13 Justices gets their year in the SCOTUS and then rotates back to one of the Appelate Courts, EXCEPT for those in Senior Status who can pick which Appelate Court they can serve on. Nearly solves the current Shaman / Chieftain problem and provides for diversity on every Appelate Court in the land.

4 Likes

I grew up with the original version of Playboy. Full Frontal came much later.
Simpler times…

I as well. Then, I went to Penthouse, and eventually contributed to the forum. I told a tale of a woman, and lost lust,blahblahblah.
All true…
She had a toy poodle named castoranbollox that always followed her around the large apartment. I became suspicious…
I hid in the closet and took photos.
Later on, I was sued to stop publication of the photos…by the poodle.

2 Likes

I guess autocorrect never read Harry Potter, because everyone who did learned that word.

I hear/read it often enough that I’d thought it had become throroghly Americanized, but I guess not. It’s a useful word: toddlers whine, but people old enough to know better whinge.

4 Likes

The pin clearly places loyalty to TSF over loyalty to the USA. Truth in advertising, I guess.

Not that it wasn’t already clear to everybody, even the corporate media who dare not say it aloud.

2 Likes