A Quick And Dirty Guide To SCOTUS Malarkey In The Trump Immunity Case

Originally published at: A Quick And Dirty Guide To SCOTUS Malarkey In The Trump Immunity Case

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Decoding The Cloaked Language Of The Supreme Court While we await the Supreme Court’s decision on Donald Trump’s claim that he enjoys presidential immunity from prosecution, let me run through the various forms…

Holy cats! frist!

Required cat pics

4 mb gif too big on new system///it is a good gif and I resized it as per instructed. When I offered it again I was booted out of TPM’s site.
(grrr)

All I am apparently allowed to show. ANY OTHER ADDITION AND i GET EJECTED FROM THIS BELOVED SITE
I AM LESS THAN PLEASED WITH THIS

I have more but since TPM’s new fancy dancy system is FUCKING RUDE I give up
I’ll see my annoyed self out now.

53 Likes

well? Show us your holy cats!

4 Likes

20240620_Icarus_2024

31 Likes

Trump_Upset_to_See_His_Two_Exes_Hook_Up

60 Likes

Kim Jon In with the dominant side of the handshake.

18 Likes

I’ll be honest, I had to look up “whingeing” (even autocorrect doesn’t recognize it) and I learned that it is pronounced WIN-jing. Just curious, does anyone else use this word in their everyday life?

26 Likes

Yes, it’s a very British term

16 Likes

It’s a Britishism.

7 Likes

Apparently we’re allowed back into the comments, but only through the back door…

12 Likes

I’ve always spelled it ‘whinging’ and never had a real issue with it, even from UK friends. It just isn’t a US word, so the spellchecks can’t deal with it.

10 Likes

I’ll give them another day to straighten this out. I can be patient, but only for so long, knowing system implementations like I do.

4 Likes

Now let’s whinge about “fulsome” :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

I learned it when I moved to NZ. Its a very useful word that quickly found a place in my everyday vocabulary.

10 Likes

I just looked. The front door is open now too!

19 Likes

Putin is puckered to have to beg military help from NK. He’s scraping the bottom of the bird cage there.

34 Likes

NYT’s Spelling Bee takes both spellings.

8 Likes

Yep…

On the SCOTUS decision story, too:

6 Likes

Yes, but I’ve lived in the UK.
Also had to email site issues, but comments were loading at the next refresh.
I whined about having to deal with 88F (at 11a) and no comments simultaneously. Can’t cope.

7 Likes

They really should have mentioned that yes, the fruit was cherry!

24 Likes