A Quick And Dirty Guide To SCOTUS Malarkey In The Trump Immunity Case

Worked fine for me – using a Macbook – just clicked the little box with the number in it. (11:33 or so)

2 Likes

Golly. That’s a real word? I just assumed someone misspelled whining.

10 Likes

Would love to if this new fancy system would let me…but getting treated rudely by the system is not conducive to my enjoyment.

6 Likes

As I posted on another thread, after biding it’s time, now @discobot gets its revenge.

20 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

Fox news poll

Extremely important issuers. NOTICE #1

31 Likes

Whinging is common on a UK-based site I frequent for Irish trad music, although I don’t think I’ve ever used it myself. At least it’s close enough to proper American English. I have more trouble with terms like “quaver” which is half of a “crochet.” WTF?! Just call it an eighth note!

12 Likes

I like the new way we can access the MM community.

2 Likes

Good to see the comments are back up and running. Comments are a major component of TPM. Most of us come here often to check the comments and each click adds to TPM’s revenue. Not much per individual click but like snowflakes overtime they become a blizzard.

31 Likes

I have to request to be admitted to comments every day even though I am signed in on my Mac. Can’t sign in with my phone as I get a message to “use another email”. WHAT other email? Am wondering if it would be best to close my account and rejoin as a “new” member.
I absolutely detest updates of any kind as the day after always looks like The Day After.
OTOH, no updates, no website. sigh.

7 Likes

It’s all that fucking bot’s fault. TPM coulda given it the axe but nooooo…

3 Likes

My new vocabulary word of the day is whingeing which, Mr @discobot, is what we’ve been doing re comments all morning.

13 Likes

sorry! but thanks for getting a pic up anyway!

although it’s not a surprise they don’t allow a 4 meg image file. Our website at work only allows 1 meg or less. Images take up a lot of space, and space = server storage = electricity = money and energy waste.

6 Likes

Don’t worry. They’ll spin it. Probably using the “no one participate in polls anymore” excuse that they blow off whenever they’re in the lead.

1 Like

Well, that’s the pits.

6 Likes

Yup.

Heck, it’s even in one of the best, succinct exchanges in Game of Thrones (the good years):

“Quit all that whinging.”
“I’m not whinging!”
“You lips are moving, and you’re complaining. You’re whinging.”

18 Likes

Supreme Court ruling released this morning upholding a redmond couple’s tax bill. Like the mifepristone ruling, this one is notable for declining to blow up the status quo. Unlike the mifepristone ruling the supremes didnt have to take this one, since i’m pretty sure the Moore’s list at the ninth circuit as well. The AP(!) has been uncharacteristically blunt in its assessment if the case:

But significant parts of the story they have told to reach this point seem at odds with public records.

The Moores are the public face of a high court case backed by business and conservative political interests that could call into question other parts of the U.S. tax code and rule out a much-discussed but never-enacted tax on wealth. The case is set for arguments on Dec. 5.

The Moores are the latest example of plaintiffs whose lawsuits seem to simply be exercising their legal rights, but whose cases are backed by others with enormous amounts of money or a consequential social issue at stake. The Moores sought help from the anti-regulatory Competitive Enterprise Institute.

31 Likes

I had that problem, too, the first day - using Firefox. But I found that Safari worked.

Then I quit Firefox and restarted, and it has been working fine since. Do not know if it was coincidence, but worth a try?

4 Likes

There were pits. And stems. And fruit.

2 Likes

Whingeing is a recent addition to my vocab. It replaces f***ing whining. I have decided to save my 4 letter words for the election so they will be rested, refreshed and ready to work hard.

37 Likes