A New Trumpian Strategy For Perpetuating The Big Lie

Originally published at: A New Trumpian Strategy For Perpetuating The Big Lie

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. The Flood Gates Are Opened One under-appreciated aspect of Donald Trump’s relentless year’s long campaign to promulgate the Big Lie is how it becomes internalized as gospel all the way down the GOP…

2 Likes

Meanwhile
Biden administration to lower costs for 64 drugs through inflation penalties on drugmakers (msn.com)

62 Likes

President Joe Biden on Wednesday is expected to pardon U.S. veterans who were convicted over a six-decade period for having gay sex when it was explicitly banned by a military law. The move will affect about 2,000 people who faced charges between 1951 and 2013 under Article 125 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, which outlawed sodomy even for consenting adults. Congress rewrote the code in 2013 to remove the ban. “Today, I am righting an historic wrong by using my clemency authority to pardon many former service members who were convicted simply for being themselves,” Biden said in a statement released by the White House prior to the announcement. “Despite their courage and great sacrifice, thousands of LGBTQI+ service members were forced out of the military because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Some of these patriotic Americans were subject to court-martial, and have carried the burden of this great injustice for decades.”

73 Likes

I’m glad he’s doing something. Healthcare costs continue to rise for everyone, including those of us on Medicare.

35 Likes

NOt fIRst!

51 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it. I am still not convinced Mr. Trump will show up to the debates. The format is absolutely terrible for him. Even if he does actually show up, he has no intention of actually debating. He is just trying to memorize zinger replies to be able to brag on right wing media that he ‘owned’ President Biden. The debate will provide windows into both men’s characters, but it will be the most content-free debate in U.S. history.

44 Likes

Oh well.

5 Likes

Biden pardons those who have been punished and rights violated. Trump and Abbott pardon convicted murderers.

Bothsides. :unamused:

64 Likes

Dave Williams Loses Colorado GOP Primary Race | HuffPost Latest News

Republican Who Called For Pride Flags To Be Burned Loses GOP Primary Race In Colorado

Trump’s endorsed candidates have a bad night

Arguably no political figure in the country has single-handedly wielded more influence than Trump, whose endorsements are often enough to carry a candidate across the finish line in a GOP primary.

But that wasn’t the case in three high-profile races Tuesday in which Trump-backed candidates fell short.

n a South Carolina runoff to determine the Republican nominee and likely eventual House member for the solidly red 3rd Congressional District, nurse practitioner Sheri Biggs narrowly bested Trump-endorsed pastor Mark Burns for the nomination. Her victory was also a win for Gov. Henry McMaster (R), himself a Trump ally, who had backed her.

In Colorado’s 5th Congressional District, controversial state GOP Chair Dave Williams lost his primary against Jeff Crank despite having Trump’s endorsement. Crank had establishment backing from Republican leaders including House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), while Williams had drawn the ire of many within his own party over his divisive behavior and past statements.

And in Utah, Trump-endorsed Riverton Mayor Trent Staggs lost the Republican primary for the Senate seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Mitt Romney (R). Instead, Rep. John Curtis (R-Utah), a more moderate candidate, prevailed.
Tuesday did also include some victories for Trump, with his endorsed candidate in Colorado’s 8th District, Gabe Evans, winning his primary against the state GOP-endorsed candidate.

But while the former president remains the dominant force in his party, Tuesday’s results underscored that not everything he touches turns to political gold.

43 Likes

I’m melting! Melting! Oh, what a world, what a world! - A. Lincoln.

A harbinger of things to come? An accidental “comment” on our current state of affairs???

38 Likes

61 Likes

Not even second. Fourh will have to do today.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

If he does show up for the debate (I don’t think he will) I predict he stomps away well before the 90 minutes are up.

25 Likes

68 Likes

Here’s hoping the not-so-supremes go against type and cook the dotard’s goose today.

13 Likes

Supreme Court dropping any bombs today?

7 Likes

The Security Service of Ukraine blurred out the faces of cats along with the faces of its intelligence agents.

92 Likes

Fox News is reporting that these pardoned gay men are now demanding to play for UCLA’s women’s volleyball team.

20 Likes

Nice to see the piece on Mavis Staples. I’m a huge fan of Nick Lowe (and Mavis!), and by coincidence, yesterday someone posted on a Nick Lowe board a video of Mavis performing “Far Celestial Shore,” which Nick wrote for her.

Worth checking out Mavis, Nick, and Jeff Tweedy doing “The Weight”:

https://youtu.be/2WmlUXsjSv8?si=G9aKsAvvRxTChgXU

25 Likes

HOT-DIGGITY-KITTY!
Got in on the first try!
And through the FRONT door!!!

24 Likes