A New Trumpian Strategy For Perpetuating The Big Lie

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R) romped to victory in the GOP primary in her new-to-her district,

I thought it was only her dates that Boobert romped in public.

[Ed: When is TPM going to get the MM comment links working?]

9 Likes

What a beauty.

7 Likes

Thus generating a great sufficiency of adoration for Degenerate Leader.

18 Likes

Anna Paulina Lunatic pushing for the House to arrest Garland

House Republicans are preparing for a vote on their latest scheme to try to attack Attorney General Merrick Garland — and, noted Politico’s Kyle Cheney, there’s no chance it will come to anything.

This comes as Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) is announcing a press conference on the action, writing on X, “We will hold Merrick Garland in inherent contempt of Congress. No one is above the law.”

“Another thing that won’t happen: a vote to exercise the House’s inherent contempt power for the first time in 100 years,” wrote Cheney in response. “And Garland would not be arrested even if they did have the votes.”

35 Likes

Nothing will shake my foundation today - my fourth and final grandchild turns 10 today, meaning I’ve moved to another milestone in officially being old.

Tomorrow, however, may well be another story.

And I don’t believe for a moment, with yesterday’s Roberts’ announcement that the term will end next week, that anything really big will be dropped today. This comment may not age well, but I’m just not seeing it.

35 Likes

Puppy looks good enough to qualify for an honorary first designation.

10 Likes

IMG_2667

37 Likes

It would be fitting for them to release the Trump Immunity decision on July Fourth while they head out to celebrate with fireworks

11 Likes

Trump has been waiting for four years; he’ll be there, alright.

ETA: Per David’s recommendation, Inside Trump’s Don’t-Call-It “Debate Prep”

9 Likes

I’ve maintained they’ll do it at 4p eastern on 3 July, because they know no one will be paying attention.

18 Likes

“No one is above the law.”
That’s very good to know.
Tell that to the Supremes before they release their decision on Presidential Immunity this morning.

35 Likes

Although I know you are joking, the day is young. So, watch for it.

10 Likes

Thank you. That was awesome.

7 Likes

From JoshM’s ‘NY-16 Wrap Up’:

Personally, I was surprised, based on conversations with district voters in recent days, how much that fire alarm incident contributed to his [Jamaal Bowman’s] defeat.

Didn’t know Republican faux outrage was so contagious. Last September, Kevin McCarthy brought a stop-gap spending bill to the floor hours before a pending government shutdown without giving Dems time to read it. The delay that Bowman created allowed Dems to make sure there was nothing too nefarious in it. Cry me a river.

26 Likes

That stunt would gain them tremendous infamy, indeed.

4 Likes

If Dana Milbank is remotely correct, Bowman was more than just a little eccentric. And the fire alarm stunt resulted in a misdemeanor plea, which hasn’t been widely reported. While I am weary of milquetoast congressional Democrats showing caution to the point of timidity, on net, Bowman’s primary defeat is good riddance. If Democrats want to distinguish their brand and appeal to normal people, Bowman is the antithesis of that, and someone the MSM would endlessly cite as an example of false equivalence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/06/25/jamaal-bowman-democratic-donald-trump/

26 Likes

ha! my great grand is 14…i’m so old i’m starting over…at the beginning of it all…becoming child like…its rather nice and refreshing

34 Likes

There are many fine silly persons on both sides.

44 Likes

The fire alarm incident was just one more (of many) indication of Bowman being a man child asshole. No fan of Latimer, but good riddance.

6 Likes

But at what point did ANY of the media point that out, preferring the more controversial angle that Bowman was interfering with the process?

See, this is the problem we have. The truth is there, but no one can see/hear/deal with it, because it gets no light.

9 Likes