A Journey Through the Authoritarian New Right

Note “UNSUPERVISED” female health decisions.

Who the fuck would do the “supervising”?

jesus.

wait, this has to be a gag

8 Likes

This comment is like the Inception of comments.

Inception GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 Likes

Girard would have had no time at all for any of these horrible characters, in his theorizing or (I would guess) his political views.

1 Like

while at the same time elevating and enriching a decadent, incompetent, and corrupt elite

Like most vampires, they are unable to see themselves in mirrors.

5 Likes

Great news for Trump! Prison is too dangerous a place for elderly felons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/08/nyregion/tax-fraud-mdc-brooklyn.html

3 Likes

Photographic proof of never-before-seen, powerful new Republican influencers.

MUST CREDIT HARRY R. SOHL!

1 Like

https://x.com/NadineBabu/status/1821770376302444918

Lawrence O’Donnell dances around the symbiotic relationship of Trump and media companies. Trump gets eyeballs and that sells soap. People watch the Mandarine Marvel because they hate him, love him or somehow think watching a whinging grandpa is edifying. In this respect Walz is Trump’s biggest threat as he is even more televidistic. Biden has been boring for media companies because he actually goes to work and does governance. Switzerland is super-boring politically, but well governed and quite stable. I’m thinking it’s about time to break out the caquelon and fire up a cheese fondue in honor of President Harris and boring politics.

9 Likes

This subculture of deeply weird men seems like a club of losers who resent they are unpopular and think that makes them somehow superior.

And, to my lack of surprise, the repugnant jerk J.D. Douchebag™️ is one of them.

Yuck.

6 Likes

A lot of words, names, expressions, and new terms to say they are nuts.

1 Like

“… two bikini-clad male-model beefcakes:”

Who can forget this?

5 Likes

For years, I’ve thought there was a homosexual subtext to the right wing in America. But I was wrong.

It’s not a subtext: it’s right there in screaming, eight-foot high neon letters.

1 Like

Difference between US and UK mainstream papers. From the Independent

Trump holds seemingly pointless press conference filled with false claims

4 Likes

Correct. The global far-right movement has been visible since at least 2016:

2 Likes

darcy

16h

Just Hillary.

Not so. Both Clintons got their law degrees from Yale.

2 Likes

“universities are the enemy”
– JD Vance

So burn down Yale and Ohio State?

2 Likes

Using Girard fascinates me, because of the projection. The short version of what he says appears to be a perfect description of the right-wing nonsense-and-scam bubble.

2 Likes

Why should a megalomaniac stop with taking over one country, when there’s an entire world out there?

4 Likes

“Coulda been a whole world out there . . . for Willie Stark. Why did he do it to me? . . . Willie Stark.”

1 Like

I’ve said this elsewhere but, as a woman who worked in the gay-heavy field of book and magazine publishing, I found that there was a particularly strong flavor of misogyny among gay men. I attribute it to two factors: 1) envy, that women have a much larger pool of potential mates to choose from, in the male population, than they do, and 2) the fact that, unlike straight men, there is absolutely NOTHING that they want from us at all, hence no incentive to try to understand us at all.

As bad as straight male misogyny is, it is nothing like being treated as a total nonentity, the way that the gay men I worked with treated all women (including myself) who weren’t in high positions of authority in their industry, and hence in a position to benefit them professionally.

2 Likes

Plato’s Republic, The Ivy League, Plutocrats. Can you connect the dots?
Elite rule is the ideal. Any broad-based democracy is left-wing degeneracy.
Being Fascists’, they believe war, including class war, is man’s natural state and that they will win, that a nuclear war is winnable and climate change is a hoax. They play a zero-sum game and you had better not lose. Good-Luck.