A Former Trump Assistant Gives a Glimpse of What Loyalty Means to the Former POTUS

NEW YORK — There are a few kinds of witnesses we’ve met in the Trump trial.

There are the strictly custodial witnesses: workers for AT&T, Verizon, legal services firms, book publishers — these are people who were plucked from their corporate day jobs to testify to records that their employer has provided. It’s clearly a strange experience for these people, but they’re here to testify on behalf of the legal entity that they represent.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1488874

Much of her testimony was on the nose and yes a bit Stepford Wife.

One fellow reporter remarked to me after that Westerhout reminded her of one of the Stepford Wives — obsequious and almost robotic.

27 Likes

Loyalty.

61 Likes

I am stunned by the story about the picture frame. She admitted and apolgized to Trump that she approved the payment without talking to Trump. It was the only time she did so and she did it t because it was for a picture of his mother. Apparently she was afraid he wouldn’t pay the $650. What a cheapskate.

48 Likes

I assume I’m not the only one who initially thought the photos of Westerhout were actually Hope Hicks?

I guess Combover Caligula has a type.

20 Likes

“This one was important and special because this was for a photo of his mother.”

That’s got to be one fugly frame to offset its contents.

23 Likes

Yup.

Untitled

34 Likes

Am I out of line for asking how a picture frame for ANYone would need to be $ 650? And after that, the 15% discount for what - it was a discontinued item?

24 Likes

Person that managed his Rolodex was his longtime executive assistant Rhona “Amanda” Graff (graft.) LOL.

“Westerhout testified that she approved the expense at her discretion, before addressing Trump from the stand: “Sorry, sir.”
“Exact delivery as discussed with defense counsel.”

Perhaps next week Michael Cohen’s safe will show documentary evidence that contradicts, and shows Westerhout to be nothing but a sniveling sycophantic stooge.

12 Likes

Bespoke gilding has its price.

8 Likes

I know Mother’s Day is Sunday (in the US), but I can’t fall for that with him in any way, shape or form.

7 Likes

I don’t own a frame that costs $650 but if I was a billionaire I probably would for a photo of my beloved mother.

8 Likes

Quality folk on the right wing…

Multiple Republican candidates for Congress this fall are facing backlash over recent interviews with Stew Peters, a podcaster who has called Judaism “a death cult,” said Black people are genetically prone to crime and “God hates” gay people, while calling for the hanging of Anthony Fauci, promoting the QAnon and “pizzagate” conspiracy theories and arguing the Earth is actually flat.
… … … … …
Flat earthers are hard to convince to look up at the moon and wonder why it circles a flat earth in any consistent manner. And what’s on the other side of this flat earth? How come nobody has found the edge from a ground level? If the earth is flat why does gravity operate at all?

edit
Off telegram…

Stew Peters :latin_cross: :us:

So here’s the deal on the flat earth question:

I’m an inquisitive person. I ask a lot of questions.

I’m a passionate person. I speak my mind.

I am an alpha male. I don’t care what anyone thinks.

I’m an investigator. I look for evidence.

Since I have recently been considering this conundrum, I have not seen any evidence to suggest that there’s any truth to what NASA or the government has been telling me since birth.

I don’t believe them. I will NOT be gaslighted into just believing a lie, or assuming something is truth just because it’s repeated relentlessly.

If the “globe” is “round”, someone is going to have to prove it to me.

Just like “viruses” are real, “vaccines” are “safe” and elections are “fair”.

t.me/stewpeters/15072
… … … … … …
I can attest viruses are real. I had polio as a 5 year old in 1954. I have had multiple safe vaccine shots and elections are transactional which is a favorite thing to trump. In elections one side wins and the other loses and it is because of vote numbers. The winner got more votes. Simple even if it pisses trump off.
Folks on the right need to fix this body posture…

head_up_ass1

19 Likes

It was a Tiffany. And Trump has a standing discount at Tiffany.

7 Likes

This is TIFBG we’re talking about here. Far as I understood, his relationship with Mom wasn’t all that great.

10 Likes

If you’re buying that picture frame from Tiffany, then yeah $650 is the price.

Even after re-reading did picture frame girl come with Donnie from Trump Org. I mean how many Trump Org people did we the taxpayers pay for?

8 Likes

Now where have I seen hair like that before?

11 Likes

He’s more sympathetic when a witness mentions that this would have been hurtful for his family? No. #1: this is the kind of behavior he bragged about for years publicly. #2: no woman would be dumb enough to think that he wouldn’t cheat on her. #3: I can’t get the image of the beached whale lying on the bed in his boxers and t shirt out of my mind. At least it sounds like the experience was a brief one.

17 Likes

Great the orignal topic didn’t last long. Now we can post our own interesting stories about stuff other than Trump!

3 Likes

I bet the personal assistant didnt know that.

3 Likes